file top ten worst....

02 Jun 2018 17:31 #87853 by mathusalem
Replied by mathusalem on topic top ten worst....
so sad :( :( Appolonius DID look cool.....

:tore:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2018 17:55 #87854 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic top ten worst....
In general, the aesthetic of the first set was really spot on for brujah. Other clans were cohesive as well, but the vamp art was very streetpunk and goth, and the border/frame of Brujah and Toreador were great. I mean, malk was solid and gangrel was ok, leaving generally less personality for tremere, ventrue, and nos, but modern frames are more cohesive as a whole.
I'm hoping the next base set has cohesive theme to the feel on vamps too. Even subtle things, like malk art having something off or illogical in them.

The world has outgrown the gothic punk aesthetic since 94, but luckily, vampires are prone to sticking with "out" styles, so they can keep it going some.

More
02 Jun 2018 18:56 #87855 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic top ten worst....

Chiram's Hold, Cold Amber's Hold, Elder Michaelis' Hold, Regarhagan's Hold.

I didn't even know about these cards but wow are they useless. They cost you blood or pool, but you use them to return a card from the opponent's ash heap (discard pile) to their hand, and that card costs more to play.

The Holds are pretty bad cards. That's not how they work, though.

More
02 Jun 2018 19:38 #87858 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic top ten worst....

Chiram's Hold, Cold Amber's Hold, Elder Michaelis' Hold, Regarhagan's Hold.

I didn't even know about these cards but wow are they useless. They cost you blood or pool, but you use them to return a card from the opponent's ash heap (discard pile) to their hand, and that card costs more to play.

The Holds are pretty bad cards. That's not how they work, though.

They all take a copy of a card from someone's ash heap, and tax additional copies being played. They all cost blood or pool. They all burn at the price of discarding a copy of the card as discard phase action or 2 pool(that you played to pay the card) or 4 blood(twice what your minion paid, but it can be divided between vamps/actions...) .
And again, they all just tax the card by costing extra blood.
They are so bad that victim of habit is what they look like as a playable card... and that's not broadly regarded as a playable card........

More
02 Jun 2018 21:38 #87859 by mathusalem
Replied by mathusalem on topic top ten worst....

In general, the aesthetic of the first set was really spot on for brujah. Other clans were cohesive as well, but the vamp art was very streetpunk and goth, and the border/frame of Brujah and Toreador were great. I mean, malk was solid and gangrel was ok, leaving generally less personality for tremere, ventrue, and nos, but modern frames are more cohesive as a whole.
I'm hoping the next base set has cohesive theme to the feel on vamps too. Even subtle things, like malk art having something off or illogical in them.

The world has outgrown the gothic punk aesthetic since 94, but luckily, vampires are prone to sticking with "out" styles, so they can keep it going some.

Ha the frames ! I think the modern layout is more practical, but the backgrounds are often lacking. The classic bed of roses of the Jyhad toreadors cant' be beat, I think the modern toreador background looks like the Blob, the brujah studed leather, how did they replace it wit.... what is it exactly ? blue ? Blue stuff ? and the Malkavians I sort of liked in the sick way the bathroom tiles background, eac malkavian lookes like a twisted reflection in a dirty bathroom mirror. Now who can say that they can read the text on a malkavian textbox ? and what does that green think looks like ? although it's better tha !Malk background with it's puke kaki.

I wish that, on some of these camarilla clans we could go back to the old background with the modern layout.
But we digress..... :)

:tore:

More
02 Jun 2018 22:41 #87860 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic top ten worst....
Guard Dury is especially bad because it's very situational, and even when it should work, it doesn't because it grants unnecessary intercept, forbidding you to use it...

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds