file Wanting to try out a small variation in the rules, opinions wanted

07 Jun 2018 09:32 #87995 by Kraus
Sure. You can browse original layout by toggling that on from settings, and print though "print some" instead of just print.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2018 01:17 #88018 by narpassword
other than printing - you can also flick between amaranth cards and original by double clicking on a card (or longpress in app)

More
05 Aug 2018 19:34 #89676 by Robert Scythe
For the decks without much or any political influence try throwing in a Delaying Tactics or two. If you would like to give them an even more involved political say, you can also have a Vox Senis permanently in play as a house rule for just these particular games.Knowing that the card in play is giving them a vote should be easy to adapt to when it is not in play.

More
05 Aug 2018 22:17 #89677 by jamesatzephyr

If you would like to give them an even more involved political say, you can also have a Vox Senis permanently in play as a house rule for just these particular games.Knowing that the card in play is giving them a vote should be easy to adapt to when it is not in play.

Really, it's not worth doing this. Decks aren't supposed to be able to meddle in areas of the game that they didn't put in the resources for.

If some players are finding politics too one-sided but don't have the resources or the inclination to put together their own political deck, there are a variety of other ways of meddling. The simplest is to play intercept. In the situation of a cross-table player with intercept who wants to get involved with the politics can do things, this can include Eagle Sight or Falcon's Eye, or it might include offering to loan someone some intercept. If the cross-table vote player is doing things that are upsetting for your deck (say, they steal your pool with Parity Shift as you were the only legal target), you can retaliate in ways that don't involve politics - dunk their vampires in combat, a cross-table bleed etc.

But also in terms of cross-table interaction, say that a vote deck is calling Banishment and hitting one of its prey's vampires, then playing Bewitching Oration and Voter Captivation and no-one (or almost no-one) having any votes to challenge it... I'm not sure that's any less interactive or less interesting for the cross-table players than the same Methuselah having rushed its prey and dunked a vampire, or bled its prey, or Sensory Depped its prey, or whatever else might be going on.

More
05 Aug 2018 23:40 #89678 by Robert Scythe
I know and believe in everything you say, but I also understand the OP's query to keep new players focused when it is not their turn. It is just a small suggestion to help with his recruiting dilemma. I prefer DT's and/or intercept as well but if it comes to capturing new folks attention I can see bothering with this until you have them hooked (the ones that will be) and Vox Senis won't really make too much of a difference since the political decks will also gain the vote as well. Hopefully he will not require such an incentive, but it is a much better solution than the variation he was attempting.

More
07 Aug 2018 13:35 #89769 by Azel
Second easiest way to deal with it is add a Vox Senis, more wakes, sprinkled votes, and some disciplineless reaction vote cards. (Titled vampires are the easiest way to deal, naturally.)

It's good to remind players that most of their game time is spent watching other players' turns. Thus learning to thwart the right things elevates your play from simple to complex. You have to undo 'Typical CCG Dueling' mentality where you are hyper-focused on being pro-active, playing your game to the near exclusion of your duel partner.

I cannot tell you how many times I watched players who don't get it fully tap out their minions and get frustrated that they lose because they are exposed. Often they never had a reaction package at all, so infatuated they were with "Doing Something!" I got tired and spouted a mindless mantra "minimum six wakes!" years ago to help the slow learners. For some, they are too fidgety to ever get it and will never understand why they lose from this. You do your best and shrug that certain games are not for everybody.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds