file Wanting to try out a small variation in the rules, opinions wanted

05 Jun 2018 17:55 #87961 by ICL
One of the things I mention to people is how different my modern play is from my Jyhad play. Back in the day, it was common for me to see people largely ignore everyone except predator and prey. That's not a terrible starting point, but I'd figure a lot of players will change their play style if they get a cue from someone else.

Now, if the players are also ignoring what their predators and prey are doing, that strikes me as kind of odd. I find four-player games already more intense because you are so close to every other player.

Besides voting, for larger games, there are rushes, mess with permanents actions, and whatnot. For four-player games, I would think even intercept+combat would matter to everyone at the table.

On a different note, voting is one of the less interactive parts of the game, at least has been in my experience once the game moved away from Camarilla only decks with lots of questionable titled Cammies seeing play because of limited crypt options. It's an area of the game that I think could use work to make more interesting for more decks. And, I have no problems with house rules. But, I would say that showing people a different game from standard play does have its drawbacks, even if the play group may end up liking it better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2018 18:13 #87963 by Kraus

My crypt selection is fairly limited because I don't have a lot of cards. Obviously if it wasn't I wouldn't be concerned.

Print proxies, Amaranth is awesome! :) Especially if it's just to introduce the game to them and not hand out cards.

As it's tournament legal to proxy, we just got a new player (yet another!) this week and I printed him a super straight forward Anson :PRE: tap&bleed with Ashurs. It'll be both fun, and he'll get straight into the fray. Ropecon will be the only tournament for quite a while he might attend but can't with proxies.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
07 Jun 2018 02:12 #87983 by Thin_Blood
I agree with the others. Let the rules be the rules and not change them. Giving 1 vote to every vampire does upset the balance of gameplay and detracts from political decks that are designed to have high cap titled vampires.

Now...just because a deck can't vote doesn't necessarily mean you can't participate in a referendum to help decide how the effects of a successful referendum pan out. For example, I've currently been messing around with an Assamite Contract Killer kind of deck. It has no voting power at all aside from pitching the edge for a vote. It does have the "If you screw me with that Kine Resources contested, My next turn your biggest voter is going to be contracted for a hit and I will fuck up your day". Usually, Vote decks strive to never see combat so this tactic has pretty good results when looking at the cross-table. "So instead of nailing me with pool loss your going to instead have your prey lose 2 and my prey lose 2.I'll leave your voters alone until the time comes that there is no other choice"

“I don’t have cross table buddies. I have a prey I haven’t gotten around to yet.” — Shockwave (English VtES Player).

More
07 Jun 2018 02:47 #87984 by kschaefer

It does have the "If you screw me with that Kine Resources contested, My next turn your biggest voter is going to be contracted for a hit and I will fuck up your day". Usually, Vote decks strive to never see combat so this tactic has pretty good results when looking at the cross-table.

You have to be careful with that. If you appear too prone to attack from 1 pool vote damage that voter will gang up on you. Vote decks are table control decks and often want the table to fall a particular way. Being too antagonistic about the occasional damage, just means they want you to fall faster.

More
07 Jun 2018 05:36 #87985 by Blooded Sand

It does have the "If you screw me with that Kine Resources contested, My next turn your biggest voter is going to be contracted for a hit and I will fuck up your day". Usually, Vote decks strive to never see combat so this tactic has pretty good results when looking at the cross-table.

You have to be careful with that. If you appear too prone to attack from 1 pool vote damage that voter will gang up on you. Vote decks are table control decks and often want the table to fall a particular way. Being too antagonistic about the occasional damage, just means they want you to fall faster.

Cross table Fatima with 1 point from a KRC. C'mon. I DARE you to do it.
Of course, this is only so you can bin all his vamps after you murder your pred and prey

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
07 Jun 2018 09:29 - 07 Jun 2018 09:30 #87994 by Bloodartist

Print proxies, Amaranth is awesome! :) Especially if it's just to introduce the game to them and not hand out cards.

As it's tournament legal to proxy, we just got a new player (yet another!) this week and I printed him a super straight forward Anson :PRE: tap&bleed with Ashurs.

Late pointed out last night that while proxies are legal in most tournaments, apparently the Amaranth card layout is not tournament legal... But its somehow possible to get the old layout somehow from amaranth settings. I don't know about that one, but so far I haven't used amaranth myself. Can someone confirm?

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 07 Jun 2018 09:30 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds