lock Card name change suggestion

19 Jul 2018 07:56 #89012 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Card name change suggestion

It's like banning old movies because all the lead roles played by white, heterosexual poeple...

Actually, as SB do not bother to comment on really problematic parts of WoD setting but just continuing to argue about one card name, I think he really do not care about racism at all, he just moves agenda of US leftists, who are totally into fighting forms of artistic expressions. Critics against old movies not passing "modern standards" is quite widespread as I know.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech
The topic has been locked.
More
19 Jul 2018 08:12 #89015 by elotar

No matter what, we are based on source material. Said source material is incredibly ...

Said source material is incredibly stupid and contradictial. And everybody understands that - nobody is complaining, for example, that there was no Walter Nash in Chicago by Night.

So, obviously, if we need to have vampire who kicks ass it's better to use Theo Bell, then invent something, but if we want South American princes and there are no in official WoD, nothng should stop us to invent one.

And, actually, there are 5 South American princes in VTM ;)

More
19 Jul 2018 09:24 #89021 by Ratadin
Replied by Ratadin on topic Card name change suggestion

Who... in their right mind... could find that card offensive???

Romani. Romani would.

Why are you understanding this as "I, a white bored person, want to complain about a concept that I happen to find offensive" instead of what it is "I, PoC, consider this to be a direct insult against myself. Stop using it".

PoC exist, and they complain about stuff that target them because of being PoC. This is not like being offended because a boob is shown on a card, is because it is a direct insult to a part of the human population.

I could reiterate comparing the use of this word with the word "Nigger" (if Romani understand this word as such). We wouldn't keep a card called "Nigger", we shouldn't keep this card name either.
More
19 Jul 2018 09:55 - 19 Jul 2018 09:55 #89023 by elotar

I could reiterate comparing the use of this word with the word "Nigger" (if Romani understand this word as such). We wouldn't keep a card called "Nigger", we shouldn't keep this card name either.

Actually I'm interested, what your doctrine says about Nigeria and Montenegro countries? Should we keep them in our "civilized" world? :unsure:

Last edit: 19 Jul 2018 09:55 by elotar.
More
19 Jul 2018 10:12 #89026 by Ratadin
Replied by Ratadin on topic Card name change suggestion
Of course the name of a country is the same as a card. Yep,
More
19 Jul 2018 10:46 #89030 by elotar

Of course the name of a country is the same as a card. Yep,

Quite funny, in Russian there is one word for both "card" and "map" so it is quite literally the same. :lol:

Maybe that's why all this "fight" against "bad words" by the same people, who, I think, will vocally oppose most of the real life values of a Romani people, seems so stupid to me.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds