file Old players reluctance to play with post HttB cards

23 Jul 2018 06:52 #89212 by Lönkka
Oh, the current owners of the game aren't good enough.

Well, probably then the non-original owners (aka White Wolf) probably weren't either.

Uh oh, then the only good enough cards are from the original proper version of the game, Jyhad. Nothing else allowed! No errata! Play as written!

Grognards, meh!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
23 Jul 2018 09:07 #89221 by elotar

Oh, the current owners of the game aren't good enough.

Well, probably then the non-original owners (aka White Wolf) probably weren't either.

Uh oh, then the only good enough cards are from the original proper version of the game, Jyhad. Nothing else allowed! No errata! Play as written!

Grognards, meh!

My two long articles was totally futile, as I see.
Only good enough cards was from the unpublished alpha version of Jyhad!

:P

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
23 Jul 2018 09:23 #89223 by elotar
Present owners of the WoD IP, as can be deducted from their activity up to date, are quite controversial group. Obviously we (BC, VEKN and general VtES players community) has to work with them due to legal necessity, but I would recommend to keep some distance to not get splash damage, if they hit some wall at full speed.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
23 Jul 2018 09:49 #89224 by Ratadin
Luckily I think that the VTES community, while obviously related to WoD, is detached enough from everything that it will endure any kind of wall-hitting, even if Black Chantry were the one doing the hitting.

More
23 Jul 2018 14:11 #89232 by Thin_Blood
White-Wolf has ALWAYS been a controversial group. The current arguments they recently had surrounding V5 are nothing compared how the 1st and 2nd ed books were written.

“I don’t have cross table buddies. I have a prey I haven’t gotten around to yet.” — Shockwave (English VtES Player).

More
23 Jul 2018 14:22 #89234 by manituan
Thanks everyone for the multiple responses. They´ve been very helpful.

I´ll try to make them elaborate their concerns about the new direction VTES is taking. I refuse to think that this is only local to our domain. As someone said before, many WoD players have very strong opinions about anything different to their beloved Masquerade favourite version and they´re against everything different. We can´t forget that most of VTES players come from WoD.

I don´t think fracturing the player base between multiple ways to play VTES is the right move. We all know how this ends up and it´s not good for the health of the game globally.

Again, I think the main issue this players face is that they feel VTES is all fan made and as a consecuence all new cards/rules are invalid to play. Maybe some PR work is needed to get all this players back. I really don´t know.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds