file Poll: staple cards

09 Oct 2018 06:02 #91059 by KALITAS
Replied by KALITAS on topic Poll: staple cards

These are the 100 most used library cards int the TWD from 2008-2018:

How did you manage to do that? I have been interested in doing some statistics with the TWD but it's all in plain text, isn't it?

Is there any VTES website that does it? I mean sort of what mtgtop8.com does for MtG where you can interact with the info (click the player's name to see his/her other twd, click a card to see other decks where its played, etc.).

Sorry if any of this questions sound stupid, I'm new to the game :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2018 11:17 #91065 by skimflux
Replied by skimflux on topic Poll: staple cards
I parsed the text into an Excel file, doing a lot of manual corrections (hence the mistake in the count of Veil the Legions...)
Check this thread: TWDA Analysis - I've posted a link to the Excel file there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KALITAS

More
09 Oct 2018 11:20 #91066 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Poll: staple cards
Just a thought: has anyone tried using corpus tools (mainly used in linguistics and translation studies) to parse the info? They work with text masses. No need to convert them into excel format.

www.lexically.net/wordsmith/

WordSmith Tools is one program we use in UEF. I'm no master with it myself though.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: KALITAS

More
09 Oct 2018 12:36 #91073 by skimflux
Replied by skimflux on topic Poll: staple cards

Just a thought: has anyone tried using corpus tools (mainly used in linguistics and translation studies) to parse the info? They work with text masses. No need to convert them into excel format.

www.lexically.net/wordsmith/

WordSmith Tools is one program we use in UEF. I'm no master with it myself though.

The 'grammar' of VtES decks descriptions is mostly alien to any written or spoken language, so I doubt language tools will be of much use - it's not enough to parse the card names, you also have to identify each deck/tournament result, separate crypt/library cards, check card counts, etc.

For example: many card names are present in comments, tournament names, etc. If you do a 'dumb' search for all instances of a specific card name you will get skewed results.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds