file Which Staples do you feel need reprinted first?

19 Oct 2018 13:13 #91290 by ReverendRevolver

Until various e-only cards get printed, that they exist in e-versions doesn't make them useful to me.

However, in terms of what would likely affect me most, I get really tired of hunting around for more copies of On the Qui Vive that are not upside down and preworn versions.

You mean pdf cards right?
Because I've been incredibly "physical cards only" for a very long time.

Also, to say this nicely:

!$#@ upside Down backed cards. The rare distribution in 3rd Ed felt upside down, and ironically the physical cardbacks ended up that way too.
On the Qui and Second Trad are way overcosted in secondary market, so hopefully they show up often in BC precons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2018 21:53 #91307 by Lönkka
[quote="ReverendRevolver" post=91290!$#@ upside Down backed cards. The rare distribution in 3rd Ed felt upside down, and ironically the physical cardbacks ended up that way too.[/quote]

Most people I know tend to use opaque sleeves so this doesn't really matter at all.

If the upsidedowness really irks you (to me it is nasty but not the end of the world ) are your feelings the same with the current BCP cardbacks without the Deckmaster logo?

On the Qui and Second Trad are way overcosted in secondary market...

Huh!? Really?
Like a dollar a piece?

We aren't anywhere near proper overcoster aftermarket.
Go ask them MtG players... :)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
20 Oct 2018 22:46 #91334 by ReverendRevolver
Its not as bad as other things I need almost as many of in several decks ( freak drive, eyes of argus) but the sheer volume of decks where qui vive is appropriate and wake and forced aren't is high. So virtually 92% of decks I'd build would need at least 2-3.
Its predecessors are 1/12th the cost.....

Its essentially where black border Llanowar elves were cost wise when I quit magic.

More
25 Oct 2018 21:46 #91493 by Cat_in_Exile
Not a "staple" exactly, but I'd love for Nephandus Mage to get reprinted, please.

More
27 Oct 2018 14:21 #91527 by Mateusz

Not a "staple" exactly, but I'd love for Nephandus Mage to get reprinted, please.

Yes please! Same is true for War Ghoul and Jake Washington!

Other Cards id like to see (again):

Mirror Walk
FBI Special Affairs Division
Outcast Mage
Charisma
Beast Meld
Body of Sun (Maybe with Errata to the cost)
Ossian
Fame
KRC
Judgement: Camarilla segregation
Break the Code (Curse those Imbued!)
Powerbase: Tshwane
.44 Magnum

"Renegade Garou, can do!"

More
27 Oct 2018 16:40 #91529 by ReverendRevolver
I'll be posting a "cost of entry " type synopsis of Vtes compared to other card games shortly.

War Ghoul isn't too brutal, but Jake runs $35USD outside of auction, where it's still high.

@ mewcat:
Many of the cards you mentioned aren't that much.
Beast Meld(also EVERY BL rare never reprinted ) as well as Charisma I will agree on, especially since they can fit nicely in precons.
Others, I dont:
While KRC($.10) and 44($.60) are vital to 2 different archetypes from a precon standpoint, cards like those and fame ($.20) aren't as dire to see reprint from a standpoint of broadening availability. Cards like ossian($6) and Mirror Walk($3) aren't by any means negligible, but when I'm running out secondary market numbers, things I had no idea were so expensive pop up (wash$3, Dream of the sphinx $9) which seem worse than the other 2 mentioned cards. Also, the broader the scope, the more important I feel it is to lower cost of entry. Smiling jack is 1/3 the price of cards like Sirens Lure, but that $3 needed in multiple copies across many decks raises importance above SL.

I'll post my analysis later. I'm still digging up numbers on the other 3 games.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds