file Which Staples do you feel need reprinted first?

27 Oct 2018 18:27 #91530 by Varkku
Most of all, i would like to see good starters for new players. Power level high enough that new players could have a chance against older players. Maybe printing EU championship final decks or something like that. I would also like to see starter packages for different disicplines. For example, animalism essentials etc. you get the idea.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2018 18:54 #91531 by TwoRazorReign

Most of all, i would like to see good starters for new players. Power level high enough that new players could have a chance against older players. Maybe printing EU championship final decks or something like that.

In theory, releasing EU championship final decks as starter decks for new players makes sense. In practice, a new player will not know what the EU championship decks are supposed to do and how to play them.

What may work is making starters of the deck archetypes listed at this blog , included with the detailed instructions there. Rank them by level of entry: Malk 94 is for beginners, !Ventrue grinder is for experts, etc. This would also give new players a pretty solid history of VTES deck types to choose from.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
27 Oct 2018 19:36 #91532 by Varkku
In theory new players will be new players, no matter what deck they play. I started with Nosferatu Antitribu... Was a bit rough start but i managed. :D

More
27 Oct 2018 20:20 #91538 by Lönkka

Most of all, i would like to see good starters for new players.

BCP is working on a starter set.
Apparently containing 4 or 5 starters.

I have a pretty good feeling about this.
First of all they are aware that this needs to be playable by newbies (too).
Secondly the person (the intrepid Benjamin Peal, Esq) who designed the best VTES precons, that is Heirs to the Blood ones, is also part of the team designing these.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Oct 2018 18:04 #91551 by ReverendRevolver

Most of all, i would like to see good starters for new players.

BCP is working on a starter set.
Apparently containing 4 or 5 starters.

I have a pretty good feeling about this.
First of all they are aware that this needs to be playable by newbies (too).
Secondly the person (the intrepid Benjamin Peal, Esq) who designed the best VTES precons, that is Heirs to the Blood ones, is also part of the team designing these.

Not too worried about them being good, I just hope they contain good quantities of things like freak drive and Jack so I have reason to overbuy.

New players having a solid deck day 1 would be great. Look, I started with a Cam Ed Malk deck. The one that didn't know if it was :dem: or :dom: .

In my "cost of entry " research, I used this years EC and NAC decks, as well as a few others. But new players are better off with more general examples of a given archetype (for instance, Bob's deck lacks several cards i feel are auto includes in a grinder, but his taste is different than other players)

I'm not part of the playtest for the new decks, but I'm anxious to see what they contain.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds