file So, I've been at it again... [Yet another background and layout thread]

09 Nov 2018 17:46 #91756 by self biased
I've removed the green bar. I wasn't sold on it to begin with, though it's nice to have a unifying element throughout the cards.

Some side by side comparisons:

@LivesByProxy I've already done the sidebar thing, and while it ended up being popular, the idea behind it was for use as an alternate format for premium or promotional cards. I'm trying to advance the design to a more modern feel. after fifteen years the layouts could use an update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DJHedgehog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2018 09:50 #91797 by Kiddo
For me, the revised cards look much better. However, I do feel that some kind of top bar (where the name and expansion icon are) is still needed - perhaps a simple, dark one (some colour that is different to all clan background colors).

More
12 Nov 2018 11:24 #91802 by Lech
I don't think top bar is needed. The revised look great.

I might be tempted to move the oval shape to the centre, and make it slightly bigger, and be partially under text box and discipline icons. To be honest, i'm more of the fan of full-size art with just clan-color stripe, but those retro design also work great.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
12 Nov 2018 13:36 #91803 by Boris The Blade
+1 for the clear Malkavian background. Does anyone know why it got changed in Camarilla?

More
12 Nov 2018 15:39 #91806 by Kiddo

I don't think top bar is needed.

I kinda agree, but I think that the problem is that without a bar the vamp's name, which IMO should stand out the most, gets a bit lost, especially with larger clan symbols (like Assamites).

Also, for example with Malkavs (and I presume with Trujahs, Daugters and Salubri), the card name might be hard to read, being white letters on light background...

More
12 Nov 2018 18:45 #91815 by Lech
With good black tint around it's easy to read.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds