file If the merging the clans is too much work...

13 Dec 2018 15:19 - 13 Dec 2018 15:19 #92364 by LivesByProxy
How about two new rules to go along with all the other weirdly specific and obtuse rules this game has and the players love:

An untitled non-Sabbat vamp can become Sabbat as a +1 stealth undirected action that costs 2 blood (or 1 blood if the controller controls at least 1 other ready Sabbat vampire.)

An untitled non-Camarilla vamp can become Camarilla as a +1 stealth undirected action that costs 2 blood (or 1 blood if the controller controls at least 1 other ready Camarilla vampire.)

Vamps can 'go Anarch' without requiring a card. Why can't the other sects switch it up?

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
Last edit: 13 Dec 2018 15:19 by LivesByProxy. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2018 15:33 #92366 by Kiddo
I'm not trying to be dense here, but why? What is the purpose of such a rule? What clan would truly benefit from that AND is in a need of a boost?

I see that there are multiple topics on a subject of merging/switching Sabbat and Camarilla clans, and from a non-RPG player, I don't see the actual benefit for a game if such options would become available…

If there is a specific problem with a specific clan (and it might be), wouldn't be more wise to treat the actial specific problem?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ezra

More
13 Dec 2018 18:10 #92368 by ruiza97
Oh brother...

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
14 Dec 2018 00:03 #92378 by LivesByProxy

I'm not trying to be dense here, but why? What is the purpose of such a rule? What clan would truly benefit from that AND is in a need of a boost?

I see that there are multiple topics on a subject of merging/switching Sabbat and Camarilla clans, and from a non-RPG player, I don't see the actual benefit for a game if such options would become available…

If there is a specific problem with a specific clan (and it might be), wouldn't be more wise to treat the actial specific problem?

My Camarilla vamps could become Sabbat and so benefit from Sabbat cards? My Sabbat could join the Camarilla and benefit from Camarilla cards? I would love for Brunhilde to join the Sabbat, get Mustajib'ed by Jalan-Aajav, and then be a Census Taker. Likewise, it would be pretty cool to get Christanius Lionel, The Mad Chronicler to join the Camarilla and become Prince of Athens.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
15 Dec 2018 20:35 #92389 by thelonius reloaded
It's a pity my charizard can't learn earthquake....

Seriously, Brunhilde to join the Sabbat? You know that this game have something called background?

Would you ask FFG to print a Lannister Arya Stark? Pretty the same.

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ezra, Cat_in_Exile

More
17 Dec 2018 00:52 - 17 Dec 2018 00:53 #92404 by LivesByProxy

It's a pity my charizard can't learn earthquake....

Seriously, Brunhilde to join the Sabbat? You know that this game have something called background?

Would you ask FFG to print a Lannister Arya Stark? Pretty the same.

You don't know what you're talking about. FFG's A Game of Thrones LCG, let's you tell any number of variations of the story. Arya Stark can become Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, Sworn To The Night's Watch, Appointed to the Small Council, Knighted, and/or ally herself with House Martell by wielding the sword Dawn. They could print a card that let the Lannisters take control of Arya, or for Arya to join the Lannisters as a spy, but they haven't, yet. The Starks can make Joffrey Baratheon their Ward. You can even play the Lannisters and the Starks in an alliance.

FFG is not afraid to play with traits and factions and they realize that part of the appeal to the game is the ability to tell so many different variations of the story.

Also, a lot of the "background" for WW was written by a bunch of different writers, many of whom no longer work for WW. I see no reason why BC has to wait for Paradox & WW to start churning out "lore" when the medium they're working with (cards) lets players create stories themselves. They can take liberties with the source material to allow players to create interesting fun decks and scenarios and game-states.

And by the way, Teresita, the God-Mother, a Black Hand Seraph, can go Anarch, but Brunhilde joining the Sabbat is out of the question? Beckett can be diablerized in game and no one whines about the "lore"? Tremere and Saulot can be on the table at the same time - controlled by the same player no less - and who here would complain about how "this isn't right according to the lore!" (Coincidently, such happened recently in our game and we all laughed about how silly it was. It was about having fun.)

I get a bunch of you guys are 40-year-old grognards, but come on.

Last edit: 17 Dec 2018 00:53 by LivesByProxy. Reason: spelling

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds