file Amaranth Deck Building / Proxy Tool questions

01 Feb 2019 08:05 #93251 by Ke.

- Deck vs Archetype tool.

This will work in a similar fashion to the test draw button. However instead of drawing random cards, it will draw 4x random top tier decks and seat your deck randomly amongst them.

This allows you imagine how the game will play out, whether your predator / other decks will crush you etc and if you're able to oust your prey.

You need to be reasonably familiar with the decks in order to do this; however I think it may also be a good way to introduce deck archetypes to newer players.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2019 08:22 #93252 by Ke.

Is there any indication that they're considering a redesign of the card frames? Obviously I'd be all for it as well, as we've had the current iteration for seventeen years; not to mention the work I've done in tandem with you to update card frames.

I'd like to think they're looking to the future; best to ask BC directly :)

I guess it comes down to a few things:

• How much community demand there is for change / improvements.[/il]
  • Whether change would discourage current players
  • Whether change will attract / appeal to more new players
  • What resources are available for designers etc

• Without solid research it would be pretty hard to establish what works best overall.

More
    02 Feb 2019 00:53 #93255 by gymim

Whether change will attract / appeal to more new players

I honestly think one thing that could be done to bring in new players would be to create a string of newbie (or "basic") precons. One for each clan of cam and sabbat.

Throw out any cards that are super wordy, that are "before range" or "after range" or are additional strikes. No priscus. Also, no permanent stealth, like a unique location or Muaziz. Just make it as rules-light as possible with the cards.

Also, if suggestions are allowed for the "Amaranth Deck Building" website card design, in addition to the action symbol being added back to the retainer, equipment, ally, and political action card. Can "+1 Vote", or some such, be added to vote cards? I think it would be great if newbie players could easily see that this card adds +1 to the vote count, and that chucking this vote gives them +1 vote to whatever the current referendum is.

More
    03 Feb 2019 22:45 - 03 Feb 2019 22:45 #93266 by Ke.

I honestly think one thing that could be done to bring in new players would be to create a string of newbie (or "basic") precons. One for each clan of cam and sabbat.

You mean something like the quick start decks?

amaranth.vtes.co.nz/#quickstart

The list has been slowly growing:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rzRmVy6YTEDVC0zAtTpoAXrU2mGLglOXpmzLPUWTNxA
    Last edit: 03 Feb 2019 22:45 by Ke..

More
    04 Feb 2019 21:54 #93284 by DJHedgehog
    Ke- I've been having a strange issue with Amaranth. When I save on my laptop, it will sometimes remove a lot of the cards in the deck. I will check on my phone or desk top and it will all be there but then will have duplicate decks.

Even after I see the full deck on another device when I come back to the laptop it looks like the mostly removed version.

What am I doing wrong?

More
    05 Feb 2019 00:29 #93286 by Mewcat
    Pretty sure is using a cached page. Does it to me too.

More
    Moderators: AnkhaKraus
    Time to create page: 0.094 seconds