file Next Expansion Set?

08 Mar 2019 19:45 #93981 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Next Expansion Set?

Name: Mithras
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Ventrue
Group: 3
Capacity: 11
Discipline: DOM FOR POT PRE QUI
Camarilla: Mithras gets +2 votes. Once each action he performs, he can burn 2 blood to cancel a reaction card as it is played by a younger vampire, and its cost is not paid. +2 bleed. +1 strength.

Not exactly, Mithras gets +2 votes, not 2 votes; it's not a title. Becoming Ventrue Justicar will not cause Mithras to lose those votes in favor of the new title and a Sabbat Mithras could not play Under Siege.

You could say they've dipped their toes in that water (with a similar special), but they haven't really committed to X votes titles for non-Independents.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2019 19:54 #93982 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Next Expansion Set?

@Jblacey, @SelfBiased: Nosferatu need more effects like Army of Rats, Victim of Habit, Inside Dirt, etc. Ways to burn pool that aren't bleeding or politics.

I designed a card that checks prey's hand for a named, specific card and discards that for 2 pool damage back in the days. Nossies just don't have a unique strategy, or very much unique cards to fiddle around with for that matter. Just planting Dominate or extra votes on them won't cut it either, since then it's just another OBF DOM variant anyways.

But I'm sure everyone agrees here. :)

I'm not sure why you guys are obsessed with non-titular titles or votes on vampires. What does it matter if a vampire has 1 vote and is Camarilla, or if they're Primogen? I guess you could do more 3 vote Camarilla vampires, but that could be done with specials anyways (like Ellison Humbolt, who is basically 1 or 5 votes depending on the table).

Anyways, I'd actually really want to see new stuff being introduced to clans instead of reinforcing existing strategies. As said, Ventrue already do the voting. They have 3 different royalty groups, all of which do the same thing slightly differently. It's fine. Now let's see an ally deck for them, or an actual Investment deck.

Nosferatu and Brujah really need something very specific to help them. We already know BCP has the ability to bring up clans from never-seen to super-viable with the introduction of Emerald Legionnaire. Brujah mid-cap crypts and Nosferatu: you gotta get your place in the spotlight. Gangrel already got sweet, sweet love.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
09 Mar 2019 19:26 #93988 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Next Expansion Set?

Name: Mithras
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Ventrue
Group: 3
Capacity: 11
Discipline: DOM FOR POT PRE QUI
Camarilla: Mithras gets +2 votes. Once each action he performs, he can burn 2 blood to cancel a reaction card as it is played by a younger vampire, and its cost is not paid. +2 bleed. +1 strength.

Not exactly, Mithras gets +2 votes, not 2 votes; it's not a title.

You have a strange way of quoting messages, I was answering LivesByProxy whom messages I quoted: "Why don't we see passive '+1 vote' specials on vampire cards the same way we see '+1 strength'?"

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
09 Mar 2019 21:45 #93994 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Next Expansion Set?
@Kraus:

We already know BCP has the ability to bring up clans from never-seen to super-viable with the introduction of Emerald Legionnaire.

Some would say that was a design oversight - that the success of EL was unintentional.

I agree that the Nos and Brujah need something interesting and unique to them, and something I've noticed about this game:

There seem to be very few triggered effects from permanents in play. Like, I don't see many or any effects that trigger off doing stuff that they want to be doing. I guess Warsaw Station counts as an example, but why is that card a Nos specific card?

I find it strange that the game has the concept of Locations but it is so minor and downplayed. Why aren't Methuselah's actively fighting over control of said Locations? (And before someone mentions The Rack, Montreal, or Museum Atlanta, let me mention that that's only 3 Locations out of ~150.) And most of the Locations only have a specific effect for members of a particular clan, so stealing them is pointless - you'd be better off burning them. IDK, it seems weird to me that in the eternal struggle for control over kine and kindred, and avenging our ancient grudges, we have little or no desire to intrude on each others territories. :unsure: :dry: :huh: :side:

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
11 Mar 2019 10:19 #94015 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Next Expansion Set?

@Kraus:

We already know BCP has the ability to bring up clans from never-seen to super-viable with the introduction of Emerald Legionnaire.

Some would say that was a design oversight - that the success of EL was unintentional.

Really? REALLY!?

Oh ye of little faith!
The intrepid Mr Peal, Esq is hardly a dabbler in this beloved game of ours and I would be flabbergasted if such an oversight was made by him instead of the design being intended.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
11 Mar 2019 14:14 #94021 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Next Expansion Set?
@Lonkka: Even the best of us make mistakes. I believe it was intended to be useful and strong, and not another wall-paper ally. That said, I think it is too good. It could cost 2 pool and it would still see tons of play. Black Chantry basically printed us a new deck archetype, and that's something that should be avoided IMO. Archetypes should be created by players discovering and realizing cool combos and interesting deck builds or crypt composition.

Hell, show me any clan that would not benefit from a 1 cost ally non-unique ally with 1 strength, 1 bleed, and no special. Legionnaires are even better than that - they even give Nocturn a run for its money. Meanwhile, the !Nos' Courier silently weeps, and Brujah / !Brujah mortal gang allies commit collective suicide.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds