file Next Expansion Set?

11 Mar 2019 17:25 #94026 by ReverendRevolver

@Lonkka: Even the best of us make mistakes. I believe it was intended to be useful and strong, and not another wall-paper ally. That said, I think it is too good. It could cost 2 pool and it would still see tons of play. Black Chantry basically printed us a new deck archetype, and that's something that should be avoided IMO. Archetypes should be created by players discovering and realizing cool combos and interesting deck builds or crypt composition.

Hell, show me any clan that would not benefit from a 1 cost ally non-unique ally with 1 strength, 1 bleed, and no special. Legionnaires are even better than that - they even give Nocturn a run for its money. Meanwhile, the !Nos' Courier silently weeps, and Brujah / !Brujah mortal gang allies commit collective suicide.

Abomination :abom: ?

I'll concede that all those mortal gang allies need a purpose in life.

Several cards were printed in a way that mandates an archetype (Diary, spell of life, legion) and others are playable in other decks but Way better as a dedicated deck (Palla grande, nephundus, tupdog, nocturne, Legionnaire, ashur tablets(arguably) shadow court satyr, renegade garou, Henry taylor, all imbued ever, call the great beast, new Carthage...)
I'd say that any good non unique ally can be an archetype.
Not as good as legionnaires probably, but the new card smell will wear off. Especially when new toys show up.

Speaking of,
Maybe similar design space gets touched on in next few sets?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2019 21:48 #94143 by Khalid1988
Replied by Khalid1988 on topic Next Expansion Set?

Only thing I recall hearing is the actual Starter/Beginner Box aimed as starting point for a group interested in the game.

I want more Imbued. One or two Imbued related cards in every release.

An extra vote for this. A few new Imbueds/Powers/Convictions wouldn't hurt. It would be great to see more Creed cards like vampires have clan cards. Currently the only Creeds that have cards with Creed requirement (from the top of my head) are Avengers, Defenders and Visionaries. Which are already strong Creeds.

Prince of Tikkurila, known as Teemu P in Lackey CCG
File Attachment:

More
18 Mar 2019 22:02 #94144 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Next Expansion Set?

Only thing I recall hearing is the actual Starter/Beginner Box aimed as starting point for a group interested in the game.

I want more Imbued. One or two Imbued related cards in every release.

An extra vote for this. A few new Imbueds/Powers/Convictions wouldn't hurt. It would be great to see more Creed cards like vampires have clan cards. Currently the only Creeds that have cards with Creed requirement (from the top of my head) are Avengers, Defenders and Visionaries. Which are already strong Creeds.

I also want more card mentioning imbued:

Burn imbued event for example, burn an ally master than make imbued meth lose 10 pool, and so on. And perhaps conviction, that burn imbued on putting it in play.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thelonius reloaded, Cat_in_Exile, d-mohn

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds