file Hazimel and design intent

06 Mar 2019 18:04 - 06 Mar 2019 18:05 #93930 by Mewcat
i was looking at hazimel recently and noticed something about his special ability. It will cost cross table allies 2 blood to attempt to remove pentex or to attempt to rescue him. Since there is no end in sight to the pentex meta an 11 cap that is VERY weak to pentex qualifies as a special disability.

Can we get any confirmation on the design intent for Hazimel? Was it intended to be a special disability? The overall capacity, discipline spread, and other abilities suggest it was intended to be a positive effect.

PS - what is your best argument for your cross table to remove pentex?

Can I get some help with pentex? I will giants blood you next turn.
Last edit: 06 Mar 2019 18:05 by Mewcat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2019 18:24 - 06 Mar 2019 18:26 #93931 by DJHedgehog
Someone won a 10 player tournament with Hazimel allstar deck in 2018. Clearly you don't understand the power of this vampire and overestimate the strength and prevalence of Pentex.

If you're this upset about Pentex you should consider your play style and build better decks that can deal with it.

EDIT: My best argument is "Rescue/Remove Pentex or I'll transfer out".
Last edit: 06 Mar 2019 18:26 by DJHedgehog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cat_in_Exile

More
06 Mar 2019 18:55 #93932 by thelonius reloaded
In those years, having tupdog/rock cat/war ghoul/shambling pay hard to rush you was a very good thing.

On pentex: if you fear pentex, play pentex to contest (even 3 on 90 cards if needed). Play smaller vampire around the big one to remove it (chimerstry is also stealth). Explain politely your point of view to other players and try to convince them.

But if you play vampires like Una, Arika, Stanislava, Enkidu, or any possible turbo star vampire, you somehow deserve a pentex.

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
06 Mar 2019 19:00 #93933 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Hazimel and design intent

EDIT: My best argument is "Rescue/Remove Pentex or I'll transfer out".

This is good but you need a more nuanced position. There is a good chance your grand prey wants you to xfer out as you are putting no pressure on prey and basically just a pool sac making prey win. You have to try to figure out if this is the case and if so make the following deal: remove pentex or I will wall up as hard as possible.

You do have to keep in mind that if this doesn't work you are now in a weak bargaining position with your grand predator, who most likely wants you to be a pool sac.

It is very complicated.

More
06 Mar 2019 19:05 #93934 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Hazimel and design intent

In those years, having tupdog/rock cat/war ghoul/shambling pay hard to rush you was a very good thing.

On pentex: if you fear pentex, play pentex to contest (even 3 on 90 cards if needed). Play smaller vampire around the big one to remove it (chimerstry is also stealth). Explain politely your point of view to other players and try to convince them.

But if you play vampires like Una, Arika, Stanislava, Enkidu, or any possible turbo star vampire, you somehow deserve a pentex.

Doesn't do anything to rock cat/war ghoul/shambling. obviously stops tupdog rush cold.

So the intent is for me to contest pentex every game? Why not simplify it and change text to when this vampire enters play burn 2 pool. lose your next master phase. during your untap phase burn 1 pool.

I was thinking about fortitude weenies for daring the dawn removal, maybe ravnos with mantle of the moon since allies are so prevalent. chimerstry is too low stealth to reliably remove yourself. You can only really get 1 or 2 stealth.

More
06 Mar 2019 19:09 #93935 by thelonius reloaded

Doesn't do anything to rock cat/war ghoul/shambling. obviously stops tupdog rush cold.

So the intent is for me to contest pentex every game? Why not simplify it and change text to when this vampire enters play burn 2 pool. lose your next master phase. during your untap phase burn 1 pool.

I was thinking about fortitude weenies for daring the dawn removal, maybe ravnos with mantle of the moon since allies are so prevalent. chimerstry is too low stealth to reliably remove yourself. You can only really get 1 or 2 stealth.

Sorry, the part regarding allies was due to the discipline spread, not his special

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds