question-circle Bleed vs Burn

01 Jul 2019 21:33 #95707 by narpassword
Replied by narpassword on topic Bleed vs Burn

So we are to assume u just dominate all minions all the time? How u know what I'm doing and change it both? Seems pretty sketchy.

-________________-

yea sure, i dominate you all the time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2019 21:46 #95708 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Bleed vs Burn
That's one busy vampire.

More
03 Jul 2019 09:44 #95728 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Bleed vs Burn

That's one busy vampire.

Welcome to the World of Darkness, buahahahaha!

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
03 Jul 2019 11:40 #95730 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Bleed vs Burn

That's one busy vampire.

That most special of places where you see bats hitting someone in the balls and then suddenly there is a drive by flash banging. And EVERY SINGLE PERSON is being mind controlled.

Truly magical.

More
03 Jul 2019 13:59 #95732 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Bleed vs Burn

That's one busy vampire.

That most special of places where you see bats hitting someone in the balls and then suddenly there is a drive by flash banging. And EVERY SINGLE PERSON is being mind controlled.

There are too much combat in present VtES. We have to do something about it, yes ;)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
03 Jul 2019 18:21 #95736 by LivesByProxy
Let me try to reiterate and refine this idea:

Currently it seems like most pool burn cards are Masters, Political Actions, or generally disciplinesless. In my honest opinion, I think the game would benefit if more cards required disciplines.

The discipline system is VTES' "color pie". Certain effects appear in certain disciplines or combinations of disciplines. Dominate has the best +bleed. Obfuscate has the best and most +stealth. Auspex has the best and most +intercept. Etc. Etc. What discipline has the best burn pool cards?

Burn is not something any discipline really specializes in, and thus is not something any specific clan really has as a unique or special won condition. Yes, some clans have some specific cards: Daughers have Choir, Torries have Aching Beauty, Nosferatu and Gangrel have Army of Rats, etc. But none of these really have that je ne sais quoi that comes from having a discipline be the source of the effect. Enticement is a great pool burn card but burn is not an effect that defines Serpentis.

If there were differences between the terms "bleed", "burn", and "lose" (pool), certain effects could be made more specific to certain disciplines (this is desirable in my opinion.) Currently, according the the rulebook: bleed = burn = lose (pool) (this accordingly limits the design space for new cards.)

I also think that the game would benefit if there was less emphasis on bleeding and more on stealing / burning Locations, Equipment, Minions, Retainers, and cards from hand / library - but this is tangential to the point (request) I'm trying to make.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds