question-circle Bleed vs Burn

03 Jul 2019 20:24 #95737 by Kushiel
I still don't understand what point you're trying to make here, possibly because you're still being vague about what you're hoping to see, possibly because I'm dumb, possibly because both. I can't do much about the latter two, so I'll harp on the former:

You say "If there were differences between the terms "bleed", "burn", and "lose" (pool)..."
What specific differences would you want to see? Currently, the only difference between them is that there are cards that key to "bleed" but not "burn," such as action modifiers and reactions that modify the amount or target of bleeds. Are you hoping for cards that have similar bounce/reduce/increase effects specifically for cards that cause pool to burn, rather than bleeds?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2019 21:12 #95738 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Bleed vs Burn vs Move vs Lose
This entire thread is odd. There's already a distinct difference between bleed and burn. For example we could create a card like this:

Un-Archonabe.
Costs 1 blood
[dai] Bleed with +2 bleed.
[DAI] Bleed with +2 bleed, if this bleed is successful the target burns one additional pool.

The bleed is still for 3, the target looses 4 pool and you can't be archon'd — seems like the distinction is already there.

More
04 Jul 2019 01:43 #95739 by Mewcat
I think he is pointing out potential areas for development. Not that burn pool isn't a thing but that it a scarcely used.

More
04 Jul 2019 08:19 #95741 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Bleed vs Burn
Actually all such topics are about one thing - deep frustration VtES "imbues" in it's players, by conflict of rock solid core of the game and crappy illogical mechanics, rulings and other enelegant stuff, which are built on top of it.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
04 Jul 2019 12:53 #95746 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Bleed vs Burn

Actually all such topics are about one thing - deep frustration VtES "imbues" in it's players, by conflict of rock solid core of the game and crappy illogical mechanics, rulings and other enelegant stuff, which are built on top of it.

Elotar bringing the truth. It's the dread of seeing something once beautiful that has been allowed to become grotesque and idiotic. You become bound to it because if you cant help something as simple and meaningless as a ccg to reach its potential what hope do we have? Or something...

You did forget that for many years the development team was a room full of monkeys throwing cards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
04 Jul 2019 13:04 #95748 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Bleed vs Burn

however, at the same time there is a significant portion of the player base that seemingly doesn't want to fix the stuff that doesnt work well, or at all.

The best thing for the health of the game itself is probably a full, hard reset. We'd have better mechanics and better design if that happenend. But this option is also untenable as the player base has made it very clear that they dont want to replace their collections.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds