file Number of VtES players

01 Sep 2019 19:37 - 01 Sep 2019 19:38 #96697 by Pyrocuror
Replied by Pyrocuror on topic Number of VtES players

There is a real disconnect here. A game isn't terrible because im getting ousted, because it's terrible I would prefer to get ousted. I would have thought that was clear from all this discussion.

Yes I agree there are some VTES games that you want to quit because you won't be able to do much, except trying to get some help from other people. This is bound to happen because of the structure of VTES: a 5 player game with only one winner, where player might get ousted before the end of the game.
There is no way to ensure everyone will have a good time on a given table. You can't guarantee that every player will be able to execute their full gameplan.
One solution would be to slow down the pace of the game ... but seeing the amount of time limit games already happening in tournaments I don't think that would be a good idea.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2019 19:38 by Pyrocuror.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2019 19:45 #96698 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Number of VtES players
Again u miss a key point. Winning isn't a priority for me. I like to solve what I see as interesting puzzles and often the vtes game isn't a puzzle I care to solve (it's boring to me).

Anymore I just try to explore ignore cards and strategies from a deck building stand poont, knowing full well better stuff exists.

More
01 Sep 2019 21:54 #96700 by Pyrocuror
Replied by Pyrocuror on topic Number of VtES players
I didn't talked about winning specifically but about executing a gameplan, ie the ability to make your deck do what it is made for. What you find boring or not is not really relevant here.

And unrelated to this discussion about the game design of VTES, if you have no interest anymore in the game I don't understand why would you still post so much here. And why you still play at all. I mean you sound so bitter when you talk about your game experience ... I don't know. Whatever I guess.

More
01 Sep 2019 23:47 - 01 Sep 2019 23:48 #96701 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Number of VtES players
I like building decks. I like the people mostly. I dont play a lot any more and I'm much selective about who I play with to maximize my chance for fun.

I have to agree with the sentiment that vtes as it stands has serious problems attracting or keeping players but I see a solid core. It's not bitterness its disappointment.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2019 23:48 by Mewcat.

More
02 Sep 2019 07:26 #96708 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Number of VtES players
As combat, or SB or any one involving "broken combos" is not good I'm wondering what kinds of decks people consider fun, playable and non-broken.

Toolboxes or totally weird concept decks?

Hmmm, probably need to scrap the latter one as such decks tend to run on combos, usually "broken" ones.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
02 Sep 2019 08:26 - 02 Sep 2019 08:26 #96713 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Number of VtES players

As combat, or SB or any one involving "broken combos" is not good I'm wondering what kinds of decks people consider fun, playable and non-broken.

There was wall of text from somebody couple years ago about making govern cost two blood, with quite a lot of arguments that basic archetypes will be changed a little in such environment and crazy conclusion that such change is not necessary.

So, if we use dominate as example, this change and change to basic effect of conditioning into just +1 bleed will allow to play the same decks, but will make them much less broken.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 02 Sep 2019 08:26 by elotar.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds