lightbulb Suggestion - Another option to handle constest

13 May 2020 14:28 #99814 by Sambomb
At the start of the influence phase, before any transfers be spent.
If a player have at least 1 counter in a unique crypt card that is already in play
They can pay 1 pool, remove this card from the game ( show to everyone ) and move all counters to another card with the same age or younger.

This can solve the main random contest issue ( 2 inactive players for several rounds ) and still holds back star vampires as they still are unreliable if someone else bring it first you will suffer to use it too and the table talk will be very differente since you could have other choice.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron, docnightfall, HeeBGB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2020 16:07 #99815 by kschaefer
Interesting suggestion; I like it a lot. Though I don't see the need to add the same age or younger restriction. It's not like you gain transfers on an older vampire by using this method; there's no way to "game" it.

More
13 May 2020 17:38 - 13 May 2020 17:40 #99816 by Sambomb

Interesting suggestion; I like it a lot. Though I don't see the need to add the same age or younger restriction. It's not like you gain transfers on an older vampire by using this method; there's no way to "game" it.

Keith moody uses :DOM: Govern the unaligned in a Anarch convert, its a unique, you then remove it from the game to bring Antonio derlette a 5 cap vampire that could not get transfers from the Keith Govern.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510
Last edit: 13 May 2020 17:40 by Sambomb.

More
13 May 2020 22:59 #99818 by kschaefer

Keith moody uses :DOM: Govern the unaligned in a Anarch convert, its a unique, you then remove it from the game to bring Antonio derlette a 5 cap vampire that could not get transfers from the Keith Govern.

Then, don't allow excess blood on the source vampire to be moved. Perhaps wordier, but better in the long run.

More
14 May 2020 15:45 - 14 May 2020 15:50 #99824 by kschaefer
I really like this idea, so thinking about it more. Here's my proposed wording for the Mask-of-1000-Faces, contestation-rule update. First sentence is from the rulebook as it exists, the second is the addition. Note that revealing a crypt card automatically causes the excess to drain off.

During the influence phase, if that stack [of blood counters] equals or exceeds his blood capacity, you can reveal the vampire and place him in the ready region. (see Play Area, sec. 2.3). If the revealed vampire would contest a card in play, then you may burn 1 pool to transfer the blood from him to another uncontrolled vampire and burn him instead.
Last edit: 14 May 2020 15:50 by kschaefer. Reason: wording clean up
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
16 May 2020 21:48 #99850 by Sambomb
Is also a viable option.
My wording is to avoid some cards interaction of when it enter game, and make "midcap" contest more costly then high cap.
You will still need to contest that neighbor jhon, but you can avoid a Lazverinus contest

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds