heart Yet another option for a new contest rule

06 Jun 2020 13:28 - 06 Jun 2020 14:14 #100032 by lip
I know multiple proposals have already been made regarding the potential contest rule change. I'd like to share and debate another idea here.

The idea is to share a contested vampire instead of having none or both copies of him.

When a vampire is influenced and contests a vampire into play, both are contested and put out of play with all cards and tokens. During the unlock phase, you can either yield or pay 1 pool to put your contested vampire into play: other copies are put out of play with all cards and tokens.

I think this idea is superior to other alternatives already presented:
  • It lets players play their deck with the vampire of their choice, as in the initial BCP proposal, contrary to other proposals of pool redistribution in the uncontrolled zone.
  • It makes sense in terms of lore and immersion: the vampire works both sides of the eternal struggle between Methusalahs.
  • It has less corner cases requiring rulings, like having multiple Hardestadt or Lucita in play.
  • It could be extended to allies (eg. handling the Spell of Life issue), which I think indicates that this is a proper game mechanic.

The beginning of contest could go multiple ways. Upon the arrival of the second copy:
  1. Both copies are contested (the option I presented here).
  2. The second copy is put out of play and the first copy kept in play: this may avoid contest tricks like contesting a cross-table Goratrix to help an oust.
  3. The first copy is put out of play and the second incoming copy put into play: this could make sense in terms of lore as the incoming copy as just been paid for in pool by its Methusalah.

What do you think ?
Last edit: 06 Jun 2020 14:14 by lip. Reason: The contest rule change is just a potentiality, nothing decided yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2020 22:25 #100038 by elotar

What do you think ?

To complicated for no reason.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
08 Jun 2020 18:31 #100048 by Lönkka
Better than the one that is being playtested.

Makes contesting pretty bad for wall decks though...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds