file Purchasing Additional Cards to Supplement Preconstructed Decks

25 Aug 2020 04:15 #100606 by Yipe
My players are wondering where to get a few more cards to customize their preconstructed Sabbat decks? However, they want them to match the cards found in the precon decks (i.e. exactly same card back, formatting, etc...).

For example, the 25th Anniversary deck comes with 1 bonus copy each of Entombment and Black Metamorphosis which a player wants to use in their Parliament of Shadows deck. Is the only way to get more of these (from the same set, not Sabbat War or older versions) by purchasing another 25th Anniversary deck?

I've checked eBay and found those 2 cards but with a 25th logo in the top right corner. Where did these cards come from?

Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2020 04:30 #100608 by Snodig
You are correct, these two cards were supplied alongside the V25 Stanislava deck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2020 09:44 #100609 by Ankha

Yipe wrote: I've checked eBay and found those 2 cards but with a 25th logo in the top right corner. Where did these cards come from?

From the limited print for the 25th anniversary of the game.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2020 15:00 #100610 by kschaefer

Yipe wrote: My players are wondering where to get a few more cards to customize their preconstructed Sabbat decks? However, they want them to match the cards found in the precon decks (i.e. exactly same card back, formatting, etc...).

All BCP productions should fall into this category, unless your players also want the same expansion symbol. Is that the case?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2020 00:24 #100614 by Yipe
I guess what they were wondering is whether BCP printed other expansion sets with cards in them that they can purchase to tweak their decks (especially for Obtenebration and Vicissitude). They don't have to be the exact same expansion symbol, but they should have the same formatting and card back.

Sounds like the 25th set symbol is from a limited print run.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2020 04:12 #100615 by kschaefer

Yipe wrote: I guess what they were wondering is whether BCP printed other expansion sets with cards in them that they can purchase to tweak their decks (especially for Obtenebration and Vicissitude). They don't have to be the exact same expansion symbol, but they should have the same formatting and card back.

Sounds like the 25th set symbol is from a limited print run.

Well, the unlimited print run of 25th Anniversary has those cards as well. Though I'm not sure what the set symbol is, since I've never opened one of them.

As for more Obtenebration, I doubt BCP will be producing sets for that discipline anytime soon, since it no longer exists in V5 WoD. I would guess that they might end up on DTC like the Quietus and Assamite cards have.

Since Paradox hasn't even figured out what they're doing with the Tzimisce yet, we probably won't see more of them any time soon.

The good thing is that the current sets have a reasonable amount of Obtenebration and Vicissitude. Unfortunately, if your players want to expand on these disciplines outside of what's currently in Den of Fiends and Parliament of Shadows (and the couple of 25th and Anthology 1 cards), then eBay is the only option at this time.

Not probably the news that you're looking for, but I hope that helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum