file Cost for printing cards (PoD/LCG/...)

21 Nov 2012 23:36 #41374 by Randy
I believe that it still is very important to get stores to start selling and demoing our game. Therefore I think that any format where players are alowed to choose what singels they want to buy is a bad thing for the game.

I am all game for making starters but anything short of boosters are IMHO bad for the game. We need the stores to sell and demo the game.

But I have very little information on how printing works but it feels like when you already have the formats it should not be much more work to just wait until you get a sufficient amount orderd and then print the batch and send it to people and shops.

Also creating starters with a only few rares or highly sought after cards is a given. Hell the shops and company needs to sell to stay alive!

Prince of Lidingö

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2012 03:10 #41394 by KevinM

I believe that it still is very important to get stores to start selling and demoing our game.

Why would they do that? There is no money to be made by them at any level. If I owned a game store, I certainly wouldn't demo a product for which it was impossible to profit on.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
22 Nov 2012 03:12 - 22 Nov 2012 04:51 #41395 by Adonai

I believe that it still is very important to get stores to start selling and demoing our game.

I agree with this part for sure.
Game stores sell other non-CCG games though, no reason for them to make the extra investment beyond better starter decks. A package similar to the Third Edition Player's Kit is the ideal game store inventory. Small, easily sold to support a small group, easy to hand to a new player, ready to go.

Perhaps have a new variant of this package every 6-9 months, with the rules in that package pointing to this website and to the publisher of the print-on-demand material .
Last edit: 22 Nov 2012 04:51 by Adonai.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis, Dorrinal

More
22 Nov 2012 07:21 #41408 by Lönkka

Indeed so, but unfortunately that ship sailed and sunk years ago.

I'm in an exclusive forum for Hobby Trade professionals (consisting mainly of US retailers) and they havenät had interest in VTES for ages. Can't make profit when you have to compete with Potomac and the like. If you don't get the normal margins you just drop the game.

I've been thinking about demoing the game at our store, but I'm kinda retarded that way (*). We also have quite a deep selection of most of the sets.

* by demoing meaning that I'd be demoing on my own time since it wouldn't make sense for the company to pay me for demoing VTES in the current environment

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
22 Nov 2012 08:52 #41423 by Boris The Blade

I can understand this approach, though I look at it differently. A total of 102 cards (90 library and 12 vampire) conforms to rules and should be viable.

More than 12 vampires in the crypt is also legal and would allow some customization. Maybe 15 or 18?

More
22 Nov 2012 09:53 - 22 Nov 2012 09:54 #41428 by Juggernaut1981
@Adonai:

To be honest, I wouldn't be heading back to our previous "FLGS" or letting them know that VTES was back in print. He has been something of an ass to our group and I don't mind not having to deal with him frequently if often at all. I'd just encourage new players to buy precons (assuming they are available).

I don't mind the idea that FLGS might be able to get a 'business discount' on the cards to encourage some places to begin stocking again.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 22 Nov 2012 09:54 by Juggernaut1981.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds