file $1 print on demand

06 Oct 2013 01:41 - 11 Dec 2014 05:30 #54821 by mirddes
$1 print on demand was created by mirddes
ive noticed on ebay that many cards are $1 each. several are N cards for $1 (probably cheaper than POD could be when considering 10 cards for $1)

a few cards are $2,5,10,20,50+ each!!!

are all these expensive cards really going to be $1 each along with everything else?

$1 or whatever seems reasonable.

colelctors can get their rare set cards still at silly prices and bulk cards can still be bought cheaply (BOTH THROUGH EBAY ETC)

and i can cherry pick me some good cards for MUCH CHEAPER THAN I CAN NOW

im sorry if this is redundant, i should be playing supreme commander forged alliance
Last edit: 11 Dec 2014 05:30 by mirddes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2013 01:57 #54822 by ReverendRevolver
Im sorry, mate, but i dont follow.

You are aware that PoD is a no-go, correct?

Its not going to happen. Negotiations didnt work, however you want to say it ( anything from couldn agree, wouldnt, were going to stay together for the kids but changed thier mind, etc....) PoD isnt going down in any incarnation in the forseeable future.

Pod woulda rocked, but ebay has always had good cards, and often cheap.

Rickstock has great prices on loads of stuff.

Auctions are the only way to buy expensive stuff, though. $4 sense deps, is just saw a beast meld end around $3. Deep song is now worth an average of $6 a card.

But pod was ideal for stocking up on all of these > a dollar cards. Personally, i need eyes of argus and my wofe andi both need freak drives and deep songs. I wasnt planning on ordering 10x mario giovanni from PoD when hes 10 cents on ebay. You get the idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes

More
06 Oct 2013 02:27 #54826 by mirddes
Replied by mirddes on topic Re: $1 print on demand
how do i print my own high quality cards?

More
06 Oct 2013 03:09 #54830 by mirddes
its like they dont want to make money off an idea they already had.

More
06 Oct 2013 03:11 #54831 by ReverendRevolver

how do i print my own high quality cards?

This is a barrel of crazy im keepimg closed.

Before PoD was ever mentioned, there were words exchanged on this forum about printing real cards of the then just forming pdf set, which was released hours ago.

The key points are: the vekn will not endorse or encourage anything of the sort. Doing so puts them, the printer, and hypothetically the player/consumer end buyer of the prints at risk of legal action. Doing so also jepordizes any hope of us being printed as real cards, because making your own in violation of copyrights could and would piss off the companies who own the property. Yes, vekn made the new cards, but they are based on other companies stuffs, used with permission in the form of.... you know what, i dont remember what ww/ccp called it, but it lets people do not for profit stuff of that sort.

Becuase of this, the official vekn stance is print yiur own, they arent legal for tournament play.

Then argument followed about it being at the descretion of the event judge. Then i stopped caring and ignored the thread, so other stuff may have been said.
There are guidlines for pc paper copies of cards from pdf sets, which must be sleaved.

But, we live in a crazy ass world and may end up in print again, someday, maybe possibly, hypothetically, etc....

More
06 Oct 2013 03:36 #54835 by mirddes
sleeves + card + decent printer?

is it really that easy?

what printers are typically used?

can i just get the cheapest one?

is card cheap?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds