file Terminology suggestion "Strike: Flee"

10 Oct 2018 10:31 #91126 by Ke.

Its not "merely skipping to end of round", cause then presses to continue could work.

You're incorrect here. You can't play presses at the end of the round, you can only play them during the press step.

Some cards playable at the end of the round: Taste of Vitae, Psyche (sup), Disarm, Telepathic Tracking (sup), Pulled fangs. All of these are played after the press step and are still playable when combat ends is played.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2018 10:40 - 10 Oct 2018 10:44 #91127 by Ke.

I see 2 problems. First problem is Strike: Combat Ends is misleading. The second problem is the rule book does not explain Strike: Combat Ends accurately.

Yep, agree that rule book could be updated fairly easily and should be addressed first.

I also agree that that a new term needs careful consideration.

A term change would probably only be appropriate during a major clean up / streamlining of the game. Still something worth thinking about.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2018 10:44 by Ke..

More
11 Oct 2018 10:46 #91140 by elotar
As the cards are now massively printed with the old wordings I think the window to streamline rulebook/terms/game structure is effectively closed.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
12 Oct 2018 15:24 - 12 Oct 2018 15:26 #91168 by TwoRazorReign

As the cards are now massively printed with the old wordings I think the window to streamline rulebook/terms/game structure is effectively closed.

While I agree that it would be difficult to do anything about cards that have already been printed, what can be done is to streamline the official card texts and rules assets available on this website. No matter what an outdated card or old rule book actually says, the official texts available here is to be used. In that sense, the window to streamline remains wide open.
Last edit: 12 Oct 2018 15:26 by TwoRazorReign.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds