file Looking for a teacher

06 May 2012 20:56 #29547 by Darius
Looking for a teacher was created by Darius
A hobby shop had a Jyhad booster box and a Vampire the Eternal struggle starter deck box for sale and like the true geek I am I could'nt resist buying both. I've done my best to try to learn this on my own but I would really like it if someone could help teach me the ropes. I have downloaded the Lackey CCG program and was hoping someone could help teach me. If anyone is interested give me a message.

"Really, darling, you must not squirm so. It spoils the overall effect."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2012 21:16 #29548 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic Re: Looking for a teacher
the best would be to state where ou play so you could have some actual game experience. A lot of players are willing to help you in your quest for further enlightenment.

More
06 May 2012 21:32 - 06 May 2012 21:32 #29549 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Looking for a teacher
This might be helpful:
vtes-demo.
Last edit: 06 May 2012 21:32 by Suoli.

More
07 May 2012 02:35 #29552 by Darius
Replied by Darius on topic Re: Looking for a teacher
Sorry, I live in northwest Pensylvania. About an hour from both Erie and Pittsburgh.

"Really, darling, you must not squirm so. It spoils the overall effect."

More
07 May 2012 07:36 - 07 May 2012 07:36 #29566 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Looking for a teacher
It's also a fine idea to get your mates interested in the game as well, and learn as a group if there's no gaming group nearby.

Also, the VtES or Jyhad rulebook might not be the best source of learning the rules, since they have changed a wee bit over time. It might be worth your while to read through these rules here, if you haven't alerady:

vekn.net/index.php/rulebook

They're the most recent ones. :)

Finding starters of 3rd Edition or Keepers of Tradition sets should not be too difficult.

Welcome to the game! Just watch your step, there're LOADS of bumps on the way, but after a while things should pick up. :)

Loving your signature by the way.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 07 May 2012 07:36 by Kraus.

More
07 May 2012 12:58 #29597 by ReverendRevolver
there is a playgroup in Eerie, although i have no idea how active. if you would like, i can ask some ohio princes and get you their contact information.
and speaking of ohio, if you want to jump into vtes in a trial-by-fire way, the week of nightmares, origins, and the North American championships are in colombus at the end of this month, and we have a ton of people who are good teachers (and some of the best players around) who will be attending. its a bit of a drive, but this really is an amazing game.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds