file shuffel the deck

16 Jul 2011 14:13 #6372 by Baaliprimogen
Hi
Had some troubles when I shuffel my deck. It just says it is totaly random. But it isn't. Does anybody know how to fix this?

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2011 17:01 #6377 by Boris The Blade
Why do you think it isn't?

More
16 Jul 2011 20:13 #6384 by Baaliprimogen
Replied by Baaliprimogen on topic Re: shuffel the deck
well, drawing 4 of the same vampire in that starting crypt knda gave me a clue. And the same cards are almost always paired. It might be shuffeled some what, but not good enough. Before you could shuffel as many times as you wanted.

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

More
16 Jul 2011 22:31 #6386 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: shuffel the deck
Real life shuffling can result in clumping. If you want a completely even distribution of cards, then it isn't random.

To get your cards less clumped, then you need to turn around after a game, break them all into a small number of piles that contain the same cards in different orders and then shuffle those together. That will give you a more evenly distributed set of cards, but it is deliberately partly randomised.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
17 Jul 2011 06:01 #6390 by Karo
Replied by Karo on topic Re: shuffel the deck

Real life shuffling can result in clumping. If you want a completely even distribution of cards, then it isn't random.

To get your cards less clumped, then you need to turn around after a game, break them all into a small number of piles that contain the same cards in different orders and then shuffle those together. That will give you a more evenly distributed set of cards, but it is deliberately partly randomised.

Heh It's about Lackey and online shuffling :)

klubtitanatlas.hr/

former NC for Croatia

More
17 Jul 2011 07:44 #6392 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: shuffel the deck

Hi
Had some troubles when I shuffel my deck. It just says it is totaly random. But it isn't. Does anybody know how to fix this?

I do not play on the Lackey system, but if they do it anything like JOL does it -- which seems likely -- then what is happening is that your deck is getting RANDOMIZED, not SHUFFLED. Randomization leads (eventually) to seeing ALL the permutations of draws that exist, whereas shuffling leads only to a portion of the possible draws.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds