file shuffel the deck

01 Sep 2012 10:08 #35720 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic shuffel the deck

Pascal Bertrand wrote: Why twice? Do you not trust the "randomize" function of Lackey?


The first shuffle in Lackey is beyond poor. I'm not sure if the developer has tested it with decks containing multiple copies of the same card, but it clumps on a level rarely seen in real life. Shuffling multiple times seems to mitigate this...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2012 10:17 #35722 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic shuffel the deck

Ke. wrote: level rarely seen in real life

Because "in real life" you don't really shuffle is another option. ;)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2012 10:24 #35723 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic shuffel the deck

Ke. wrote: I'm not sure if the developer has tested it with decks containing multiple copies of the same card, but it clumps on a level rarely seen in real life. Shuffling multiple times seems to mitigate this...


Seriously, people take a randomly shuffled deck for a not random deck about 100% of the time. It's hardwired in our brain. Statistics, and ONLY statistics are able to see what is random and what is not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2012 11:20 #35726 by derjudge
Replied by derjudge on topic shuffel the deck

Ohlmann wrote:

Ke. wrote: I'm not sure if the developer has tested it with decks containing multiple copies of the same card, but it clumps on a level rarely seen in real life. Shuffling multiple times seems to mitigate this...


Seriously, people take a randomly shuffled deck for a not random deck about 100% of the time. It's hardwired in our brain. Statistics, and ONLY statistics are able to see what is random and what is not.


The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2012 17:04 #35737 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic shuffel the deck

Juggernaut1981 wrote: *Puts on a big Shreck Head ready to start trolling KJM and a few others*

If its anything like JOL-Shuffle it will manage to completely screw you over because it can... no matter how you shuffle it or don't!!

Whiners never win, and winners never whine.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook:...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2012 16:40 #37472 by Bayou
Replied by Bayou on topic shuffel the deck

Ke. wrote:

Pascal Bertrand wrote: Why twice? Do you not trust the "randomize" function of Lackey?


The first shuffle in Lackey is beyond poor. I'm not sure if the developer has tested it with decks containing multiple copies of the same card, but it clumps on a level rarely seen in real life. Shuffling multiple times seems to mitigate this...


Yes, i agree; now, Lackey shuffles automatically the decks before the game, but it's beyond poor; and before the 'shuffling fix', it was worse.
In games with 'big' decks, it is more problematic, you have to shuffle more.

Now, you can shuffle after using some function that affects the game, per example after drawing the crypt or what said Ke.(revealing to none and shuffle).

:SER: *:abom: *:fose: *:visi: *:doca: *:laso: *:ahri: *

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum