file LackeyCCG World Championship League 2018 Results

16 Dec 2018 23:17 #92402 by Ke.
Big thanks to the organisers for putting on such great event. I know a lot of hard work has been put into this and appreciate the efforts here.

Glad I didn't let the Americans down — I would have heard the end of it ;)

Grats Ke. I got 2 VP but ran out of deck :P

Even so, it was fairly difficult to stay calm and not mess anything up / get carried away. I thought I may have missed the window the turn you survived the first blitz of rushes...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2018 00:05 #92403 by Mewcat

Big thanks to the organisers for putting on such great event. I know a lot of hard work has been put into this and appreciate the efforts here.

It's true. I Had to get drunk on 12 mondays for my part. You are welcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ke.

More
17 Dec 2018 08:24 #92408 by beslin igor
Online World Championship Finals Report

After 105 days,14 round qualifications+semi finals+finals we get first Online World Champion-Ke Carlton 'Ke' from
New Zealand. Congratulations Ke!!!!

seating,deck typers and GW and VP:

Michal Kazmierczak 'migalart', Poland: HoS,EL wall
Ke Carlton 'Ke', New Zealand: Nana and Guruhi,combat (GW,3 VP)
Martin Weinmayer 'angrynewb', Austria: Cybele and girls,animalism combat
Juha Laukkanen 'Bloodartist', Finland: dem/obs bleed,mid cap (2VP)
Corwin Brindley 'DJHedgehog', USA: Ventrue stickman

Game report:
Start game marked contesting Nana Buruku by Ke and Martin,this situations is best for Juha
who play without predator and can bleed with Govern on stealt.
In 6 turn Juha bleed and oust Corwin,1 VP for Juha.
7 turn: Michal have in play3 vampires+3 EL,Nana is still contested,all except Juha are in danger zone with pool
to be ousted. Ke play Fame on Martin vampire and sent him in torpor,Martin in his turn put Cybele in play
and stay on 3 pool,Nana is still contested. Juha bleed Michal with much stealt,but Michal block and sent Juha vampire
in torpor. Juha bleed again,Michal cannot block but him have bounce-My Enemys Enemy-to Martin,Martin cannot
block,Martin is ousted,Ke gain 1 VP. Juha bleed again,Michal cannot block,but now after wake him draw
Telepathic Misdirection,but Ke play Direct Intervention,cancel bounce and Michal is ousted,2 VP for Juha.
In turn 8 start battle 1vs1 for Online World Champion between Ke and Juha,the situation is as follows:
Ke is safe with pool after Vilein and Liquidation,if him successful atack Juha vampires he won. Combat begins.
Some Juha vampires survive atacks but loow with blood. Juha stay out with library,Ke continue to bloat with Ashur
and atack Juha vampire,also Ke bleed with some bost.
11 turn,Ke put Pentex on only unlocked Juha vampire,and bleed him out. Ke 3 VP Juha 2 VP.
So Finals end after 11 turns and 37 mins remaining(2h,30mins time limit)

More
17 Dec 2018 10:49 - 17 Dec 2018 10:50 #92412 by Bloodartist
Worth noting that I ran out of deck once me and Ke were in heads-up. So the game was unfortunately decided there, to much less dramatic effect. I kept playing due to politeness but there was no chance vs Nana-deck with 5 minions, 20ish pool and 40 cards deck with ashurs.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 17 Dec 2018 10:50 by Bloodartist.

More
17 Dec 2018 14:08 #92416 by DJHedgehog
Here are three things I noticed while playing:

- The two players with no predators went heads up.
- Migalart had 13 wake effects in his first 30 cards.
- Multiple master-phase actions need to be addressed.

Ke I didn't see a way you didn't win that game tbh, it was like the game was designed to be a win for you. Migalart as predator means no pressure, contesting first vamp with prey is always strong, stealth bleed kills me/migalart so you don't have to go heads up with mig, and bloodartist expended all their resources to do so. What you had to do was literally nothing, which was perfect since that's basically what you did. Gain pool and wait.

It's not anyone's fault, but that was probably the least exciting game of VTES all season. The game I was playing was "how many of my 10 deflections can I draw?", which was personally not exciting, but the game as a whole was pretty meh.

Mewcat and I talked about the finals before hand, and he foretold of Migalart as my prey and told me to play combat. I should have listened. Next season I will see you all in the finals again, and I will be bringing some off-the-wall shit so we can get a game going.

GG to all (despite my persistent negativity :P), congrats to Ke for the win. Big thanks to Martin and Igor and anyone else who worked to get the league going. It was tons of fun to participate and it's really exciting to have organized play for VTES every week. We all owe you a big "thanks" because we couldn't have had this amazing thing without your effort.

More
17 Dec 2018 14:15 #92417 by Bloodartist

Ke I didn't see a way you didn't win that game tbh, it was like the game was designed to be a win for you. Migalart as predator means no pressure, contesting first vamp with prey is always strong, stealth bleed kills me/migalart so you don't have to go heads up with mig, and bloodartist expended all their resources to do so. What you had to do was literally nothing, which was perfect since that's basically what you did. Gain pool and wait.

It's not anyone's fault, but that was probably the least exciting game of VTES all season. The game I was playing was "how many of my 10 deflections can I draw?", which was personally not exciting, but the game as a whole was pretty meh.

Yes, it was not very exciting, particularly for you. :P

I correctly predicted there would be walls/combat, unfortunately this didn't influence my last moment deck choice as it should have had. I could've played my combat wall deck that would've won every combat in the table easily (especially animalism/potence), but would've gone forward very slowly if at all. So the game would've been even more static, as now I was the only aggressor in the table pretty much. I don't know if that wouldve been any more exciting..

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds