file LackeyCCG World Championship League 2018 Results

17 Dec 2018 15:04 #92419 by DJHedgehog

Yes, it was not very exciting, particularly for you. :P

I correctly predicted there would be walls/combat...

Having played with Mig more than a few times and looking through his deck history there was no question in my mind he would be playing a wall with 20+ wake reactions and no win condition. The only question in my mind was if I needed to prepare for him or the aggressive decks played by the other three players.

The 2 main deciding points of the game were the contesting of Nana and having Mig as a predator. Ke got to play solo-struggle and he was playing the perfect deck to take advantage of that fact.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2018 15:06 #92420 by Mewcat
@hog

I take offense to that game being the most boring. At least 3 of my games were transfer out level boring, even with alt tab technology.

And yes, you should always listen to me. Just because I play ravnos doesn't mean I am dumb.

More
17 Dec 2018 19:57 #92441 by Ke.

Ke I didn't see a way you didn't win that game tbh, it was like the game was designed to be a win for you.

Sure, I agree that it fell into place nicely — it still required a few key things to happen:

1. Contest Nana. I was only able to do this by DI'ing the Migalart's bowl. This allowed me to founders down and contest Nana before Martin could Villein / trigger an Ashur cycle (he lost 2x Ashurs as a result). Having a wall behind made this decision easier.

2. Dunk Aksinya. My main ousting mechanic is bleeds — while she was up I was never going to oust Martin. It cost me 6 blood and an empty vampire to dunk her, but that ultimately secured the game.

3. Survive the Legionnaire lunge turn + any bounced bleeds. Thankfully this never came — put me in a very good position for the heads up.

4. Save the DI for the bounce. Was so tempted to play it on other things.

I was very lucky not to be the bleed sink. I was the only deck not running bounce and I don't think I received a single bounced bleed all game (could be wrong here). If Migalart played / drew more Telepathic Misdirections the game could gone his way.

More
17 Dec 2018 20:39 #92443 by DJHedgehog

2. Dunk Aksinya. My main ousting mechanic is bleeds — while she was up I was never going to oust Martin. It cost me 6 blood and an empty vampire to dunk her, but that ultimately secured the game.

3. Survive the Legionnaire lunge turn + any bounced bleeds. Thankfully this never came — put me in a very good position for the heads up.

4. Save the DI for the bounce. Was so tempted to play it on other things.

I was very lucky not to be the bleed sink. I was the only deck not running bounce and I don't think I received a single bounced bleed all game (could be wrong here). If Migalart played / drew more Telepathic Misdirections the game could gone his way.

1. That's a reasonable point. The timing was important but you could have contested eventually since you were making pool

2. I missed that part between being ousted and tuning in. Either way, the contesting had left martin pretty low which meant he was "easy pickings". I suspect you would have got him eventually and since he did no pool damage to Blood artist, the bounces would have softened him up for your ousting.

3. Lol @ lunge turn.

4. Were you playing like 3-5 DI? Clearly it's worth it for what would be a bounce heavy final.

I'm not trying to detract from your play: you're a good player and the decisions you made were great. I'm just saying the luck of the draw put you in the best possible position where you had a largely inactive predator and a prey with whom you could contest a key vampire. if blood artist were your predator you would have never got set up and would surely be ousted, you probably could have dealt with me at some degree but I would have made unblockable bleeds of 6 at least a few times and been harder to go backwards on to stop. Martin being anywhere other than your prey is a problem for sure.

More
17 Dec 2018 21:05 - 17 Dec 2018 22:15 #92447 by Ke.

4. Were you playing like 3-5 DI? Clearly it's worth it for what would be a bounce heavy final..

Only 1x DI (the power of Ashurs).

Martin being anywhere other than your prey is a problem for sure.

Oh yes definitely, Martin anywhere else on the table would have been worse. Contesting gave me an early win condition (though risky). If he was elsewhere I wouldn't have contested.

Without Nana I would have struggled with you or the stealth bleeder — with her I would have been fairly OK (theoretically). Was a shame a star was contested in the final; but with Nana it was very likely.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2018 22:15 by Ke..

More
19 Dec 2018 14:21 #92506 by Mewcat
Was an easy game, ke. I wasn't there.

Honestly tho just from seating rng Corwin was in auto lose land. No one wants inactive wall to left and aggressive stuff to right. Furthermore hog and I have talked multiple times about how having a poor predator is just such a huge advantage. Predator who goes after it and a bad run of cards is often gg.

Most importantly, again, I wasn't there so table was all bad players.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds