file Not Unique Vampires league 2020- rules and report

06 Jun 2020 13:21 #100031 by Bloodartist

[
So allies would follow the same contesting rule ? Or just allies that are "based" on vampire cards ? Or is it just a specific case for Spell of Life ?

If more than one unique card with the same name is brought into play, that means control of the card is being contested.

So according to rulebook, rules count unique cards with the same name. The mummies are unique and have same name as the vampire, so they would contest, as far as I can see.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2020 13:45 #100033 by beslin igor
NOT UNIQUE VAMPIRES LEAGUE 2020-report

8.round,12 players in 3 tables. 3 GW,every GW with 3 VP.
Very fast is finished table 2,where won Anson block.
Stanislava bleed won table 2.
Last finished table with much combats in table is table 3 where won Guillaume Giovani with 9 locations.
tabela in Hook: www.vtes-hook.com/vtes/show-event-informations?show=event&liga=00058

results:

one self organize game:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
07 Jun 2020 12:21 #100042 by lip

[
So allies would follow the same contesting rule ? Or just allies that are "based" on vampire cards ? Or is it just a specific case for Spell of Life ?

If more than one unique card with the same name is brought into play, that means control of the card is being contested.

So according to rulebook, rules count unique cards with the same name. The mummies are unique and have same name as the vampire, so they would contest, as far as I can see.

Well, sure, but I would have expected them to contest as allies, meaning they would be out of play and not able to act. Do they contest as vampires, staying in play, because they are contesting a vampire ? Or does this extend to all allies and we can now have two Carlton in play ? I'm confused.

More
08 Jun 2020 18:27 #100047 by Lönkka

I'm confused.

If the contesting rule being playtested is approved you won't be the only one.

Allowing several Unique minions to exist on the game at the same time opens up a huge can of worms which would be better left unopened.

Notable and better alternatives have been proposed. If the rule needs to be changed it would be much wiser to use them since they do not allow multiple Unique minions to co-exist.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
08 Jun 2020 21:21 #100051 by beslin igor
NOT UNIQUE VAMPIRES LEAGUE 2020-round 9

14 players,3 tables,2GW,2 time out

only table with 4 players finished fast,both table 5 finished by time out.

Both GW get star deck: Nergal and Ghede,table 3 dont have one star vampire in deck,but Nosfi play Mata+unnamed.

we have 41 player in league.

tabela : www.vtes-hook.com/vtes/show-event-informations?show=event&liga=00058
results:

Attachments:

More
10 Jun 2020 23:20 - 10 Jun 2020 23:22 #100064 by Bloodartist

Well, sure, but I would have expected them to contest as allies, meaning they would be out of play and not able to act. Do they contest as vampires, staying in play, because they are contesting a vampire ? Or does this extend to all allies and we can now have two Carlton in play ? I'm confused.

Mummies aren't vampires, so I guess they don't stay in play? It doesn't make a difference whether they are out of the game or not, since they still contest. (Same as the old vampire contest rule) Difference is that vampires would be able to act while contesting whereas allies wont. I don't think this is terribly complicated.

I did have to double check the rulebook about contesting. Seems like the only things that matter are the cards name and its uniqueness. Whether the card (with the same name) is an ally or vampire or anything else doesn't really matter. They still contest.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 10 Jun 2020 23:22 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds