file New set in 2012

22 Nov 2011 09:36 #15432 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: New set in 2012
first strike comes with CEL OBF too, and setting range can be done in conventional manner via :CEL:

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2011 12:15 - 22 Nov 2011 13:43 #15457 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: New set in 2012

I always thought it strange that assamites seemed like they were the combat gods(vampire assassins) in the RPG world of darkness, however sucked ass in vtes (combat wise). Imo they should have had access to an anti strike combat ends card (apart from psyche and hidden lurker). Also used to think taste of death should be used at close range or come with a built in maneuver. :evil:

Well, not combat gods, but master assassins. Which means they should be able to inflict damage without getting hitback :) Maybe a card something like this could be nice?

Arabian Horseshoes
Action
1 blood
+1 stealth
[qui] (D) Inflict 1 unpreventable damage on a ready minion.
[QUI] (D) Inflict 2 unpreventable damage on a ready minion.

I think Loss was a much needad, and theme-correct, card for Quietus.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
Last edit: 22 Nov 2011 13:43 by Ashur.

More
22 Nov 2011 13:14 #15467 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: New set in 2012
Why those Assamite freaks change every thread into complaints about quietus??!!
They'll never be happy even with <qui> oust the player <QUI> win the game kind of card.
Personnally I hope no new cards for qui will be in expansion. It will be small and there is a lot of different disciplines and clans that need help. Same goes for sabbat vampires for groups 5-6. While it would be nice, I think that with 20-30 cards we should hope for cards that will fix some problems with current cards and that will give new possibilities for deck building. Bunch of vampires can't do it. You can just use vampires from different group.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal, henrik

More
22 Nov 2011 17:02 #15503 by dude_PL
Replied by dude_PL on topic Re: New set in 2012
agreed, enough with the :QUI: whine already :)

on topic - stuff I'd like to see in this set:
- some new card on par with villein (or slightly worse), so potential new players can use it and get into the game without throwing bags of cash at people and without bringing proxies to the game;
- cards that address current unbalances, namely something to do with Bahari, so being a Bahari is not so cool anymore (and make Lillith's blessing abusers think twice);
- some "bridge" vampires, like sabbat g5 etc.

And last but not least, please do not, under any circumstances, introduce any cards that are "too good" and "have to be in every deck".

It's a tough task you guys have undertaken with this set, so you have my respect for that. I'm anxiously waiting to check out the results.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
22 Nov 2011 18:04 #15514 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: New set in 2012

- some new card on par with villein (or slightly worse), so potential new players can use it and get into the game without throwing bags of cash at people and without bringing proxies to the game;

It's the main thing I hope to see too. I have others wishes, but they seem too complex to be done properly in 20 cards.

More
23 Nov 2011 17:35 #15658 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: New set in 2012

Er. Well. You know that the new cards are, basically, proxies? Printing out cards and putting them into sleeves with copies of crap commons for backing is exactly how we proxied playtest cards, and it's how you proxy the cards from the new set.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds