file New set in 2012

23 Nov 2011 18:09 #15670 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: New set in 2012

Er. Well. You know that the new cards are, basically, proxies? Printing out cards and putting them into sleeves with copies of crap commons for backing is exactly how we proxied playtest cards, and it's how you proxy the cards from the new set.

But proxying a card endorsed by VEKN seem fine to me, not proxying any random card because it's out of print.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2011 18:18 #15672 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: New set in 2012
Proxy = substitute.
New cards will be original so they won't be proxies.

Granted, their method of printing will be more or less the same as with proxies but calling the upcoming set proxies just confuses the whole matter.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
23 Nov 2011 18:24 #15673 by Germi
Replied by Germi on topic Re: New set in 2012
ok, in 2012 we will have new set of cards. is good news, but there will be is always the same routine, where the same clan and the same strategies will be favored? or really we will have a change and enhance the clans and sects forgotten?

More
23 Nov 2011 18:26 #15674 by dude_PL
Replied by dude_PL on topic Re: New set in 2012

- some new card on par with villein (or slightly worse), so potential new players can use it and get into the game without throwing bags of cash at people and without bringing proxies to the game;

Er. Well. You know that the new cards are, basically, proxies? Printing out cards and putting them into sleeves with copies of crap commons for backing is exactly how we proxied playtest cards, and it's how you proxy the cards from the new set.

There's a vast difference (at least in my world) between a printable "fan-based" (or however we call it) set and allowing proxies for an undecided amount of cards simply because they're not available anymore. V:TES is still a Collectible Card Game and personally I've been collecting all cards I needed since 1996. If I was unable to collect what I needed, I either made a different deck or borrowed the missing cards from my playgroup. Those cards physically exist out there. A VEKN set will not "physically exist" because there's no publisher for the game anymore, therefore delivering printable versions of cards is the only logical way to go. This also gives an option to deliver equivalents of some "on demand" cards. And that's perfectly fine with me.

More
23 Nov 2011 19:18 #15677 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: New set in 2012

There's a vast difference (at least in my world) between a printable "fan-based" (or however we call it) set and allowing proxies for an undecided amount of cards simply because they're not available anymore.

Okay. My only objection to tournament-legel proxies is that it forces all players to sleeve their decks or lose some degree of competitiveness, so hopefully it makes more sense now why I think it's a bit silly to allow one and not the other. I mean, the new set isn't really a set of "cards," it's a set of "papers." :) But to each their own.

More
23 Nov 2011 19:23 - 23 Nov 2011 19:24 #15678 by Vermeulen
Replied by Vermeulen on topic Re: New set in 2012

There's a vast difference (at least in my world) between a printable "fan-based" (or however we call it) set and allowing proxies for an undecided amount of cards simply because they're not available anymore.

My only objection to tournament-legel proxies is that it forces all players to sleeve their decks or lose some degree of competitiveness, so hopefully it makes more sense now why I think it's a bit silly to allow one and not the other.

So, for a game you have shelled load´s of €/$ , you are complaining about a pack of shields for your deck?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 23 Nov 2011 19:24 by Vermeulen.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds