file New set in 2012

23 Nov 2011 23:04 #15706 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: New set in 2012

Succulent Vitae and Thin Blood are wallpaper. They are cards that no one ever use - isn´t that the definition of wallpaper?

I think a better definition of wallpaper is:

Dramatic Upheaval
Kindred Restructure
Memories of Mortality
and anything else on the Banned List.

I may also co-opt many of my mountain of WWEF, Dread Gaze, Tortured Confessions, Stealth Ritus and that host of other cards I have 20+ of, but never really used.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2011 00:03 - 24 Nov 2011 00:05 #15714 by Louhi
Replied by Louhi on topic Re: New set in 2012

It's similar to :CEL: and :POT: that is also useless outside combat, but at least those two are useful in combat.

Good thing Assamites have :CEL: then. You can have :QUI: for the actions and action modifiers and not have one of the disciplines redundant.

Barring Dominate and Presence, the two bleed disciplines, only Loss (QUI), Truth of blood (QUI/AUS), madman's quill (dem/aus) and force of will (take aggravated damage) are +2 bleed actions. Combining that with one block denial, one seduce/reaction denier and :OBF: in clan for delivery, quietus comes off as rather beastly.

There are actually plenty of viable Assamite decks, it just so happens combat is not one of them. Stop complaining and build a good deck, some clans can't even do that.

Lidingö Scourge
Last edit: 24 Nov 2011 00:05 by Louhi.

More
24 Nov 2011 07:57 #15737 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: New set in 2012
:CEL: is useful, :cel: isn't good. In fact, it's worse than :pot: and :for: . :CEL: is decent force multiplier, but without decent source of damage is rather weak - :QUI: is weak source of damage.

Why are you bringing only actions ? Having action modifier that increase bleed is even better, and both :CHI: / :AUS: and :NEC: / :AUS: have +2 bleed action mods. Not to mention :DEM: and :SER:

All those disciplines are useful at inferior level, :qui: isn't. Both of block denial effects require higher capacity than blocker, it's SIGNIFICANT issue with both of those.

I am not complaining about Assamites, they do rather fine, problem lies in useless quietus.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
25 Nov 2011 16:25 - 25 Nov 2011 16:25 #15954 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: New set in 2012
Back on topic (praise me, Juggernaut! ;) ), another reason that I'm not particularly keen on the way that this new set is being distributed was crystallized in my mind while reading the thread about proxies.

Is the VEKN advertising the existence of the new set anywhere other than here? I really don't know if it'll be an actual issue, but I'm wondering if players who don't regularly read this or other VTES sites will miss the fact that a new set has been released. I'm really not sure how high the visibility of this site is for players who play regular casual games and also attend some tournaments but aren't really invested enough in the game to spend time on the internet in relation to it.

(Just to be clear, like the proxies "issue," I think this is a really minor speedbump, but one that's probably worth at least considering.)
Last edit: 25 Nov 2011 16:25 by Kushiel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
25 Nov 2011 16:35 #15955 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Re: New set in 2012

I'm really not sure how high the visibility of this site is for players who play regular casual games and also attend some tournaments but aren't really invested enough in the game to spend time on the internet in relation to it.

How do they hear about tournaments in the first place? The same channels are likely to buzz about the new set as well.

More
25 Nov 2011 18:03 #15965 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: New set in 2012
Yep, if they attend any TWDA tournament, they most likely know about the set.

Back to the topic, i don't think that :qui: will get more than 1 card, if any.

More pressing concerns are creation of G5 sabbat vampires to open new strategies for sabbat and make bloodline G6 tournament worthy.

Another is giving sabbat sect cards that make it on par with Camarilla or even Laibon (currently sabbat have fewer tournament worthy cards than Laibon, which is stupid).

Last but most important is to create cards that address current multiple-master-abuse, coupled with master card recursion (anthelios, tablets).

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds