file The future of V:TES

06 Sep 2012 19:31 #36145 by Soonerborn
Replied by Soonerborn on topic Re: The future of V:TES

As long as this means ordering boosters and not singles, this truly is wonderful news.

I was actually thinking the opposite but more in a, "as long as the costs will be reasonable, this is good news" but I'm not interested in having to buy any more copies of (insert any common card here).

I am curious how the print-on-demand model will work with playing cards to be sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2012 19:41 - 06 Sep 2012 22:44 #36146 by ShadowCat
Replied by ShadowCat on topic Re: The future of V:TES

..."I am also involved in the onebookshelf business" represents are gravely wrong conflict of interest with the position of V:EKN Chairman.

I can see where this is coming from, and while I share some of this concern, I have no real beef with this. Overall I think there are mitigating circumstances.

Re-publishing V:TES is a huge legal and business wrangle and having ties between the VEKN and an interested publisher could have been integral in setting this whole thing up. Just like how having the former owner of White Wolf involved in this helped.

Re-publishing V:TES is generally favored among the players. I'd say that this step is done in accordance with V:EKN's charter: "Organization ...dedicated to the continued health of V:TES" and "... help V:TES grow in popularity through the embracing of new players as well as through the support of the existing fans". Are we not supposed to seize any reasonable chances of this happening?

Johannes did declare his (possible) conflict upfront. I'd like him to expand on what exactly is his role at onebookshelf inc, but this assuages me for now.

We've yet to see any bad-faith decisions that come out of it. If we can have a few more folks, more than just Johannes, spearheading this from VEKN's side?

edit: All in all, thanks Johannes, for working on this.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2012 22:44 by ShadowCat.

More
06 Sep 2012 19:45 #36148 by emime
Replied by emime on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Best. News. Ever.

(assuming it really happens - fingers crossed!)

Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Goudie

More
06 Sep 2012 20:20 #36156 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Johannes did declare his (possible) conflict upfront. I'd like him to expand on what exactly is his role at onebookshelf inc, but this assuages me for now.

Mostly European publisher relations at the moment. Should the V:TES project become reality I would most likely be the product manager at onebookshelf for this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShadowCat

More
06 Sep 2012 20:22 #36158 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Here's hoping that this miracle happens in good time sir. Our prayers go out with thee.

More
06 Sep 2012 20:32 - 06 Sep 2012 20:41 #36163 by Walt
Replied by Walt on topic Re: The future of V:TES
this is a really good news. :)

Thanks to anyone involved in this effort to bring VTES on print again

I think this "I am also involved in the onebookshelf business" represents are gravely wrong conflict of interest with the position of V:EKN Chairman.

Johannes is the owner of an online business activity who sell vtes cards from years and this was not perceived as a "conflict of interest" (at least for what I know)

so why his relationship with the next vtes printer could change his status from "neutral" to "conflict"?

by the way I suggest to split this topic in two: "good news" and "Bum's Rush on Johannes"

Fellow Methuselahs,
This also means that the PDF set designed by the V:EKN may not be released in PDF format, because ... it may be a printed set!

since the reprint is not scheduled for some months (if ever) and we need to keep alive the game now why do not release the set to us player, let we play with it and when the reprint will be ready remove the "home made" cards from legal use?

this way you can validate the vken card design procedure before print the cards and not after

Stefano "Walt" Calzighetti
Prince of Pordenone (Italy)
Last edit: 06 Sep 2012 20:41 by Walt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vragozakas

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds