file The future of V:TES

01 Jan 2013 20:06 #43511 by RoddimusPrime
What is the status of print and play? Have not been back on the forum in a while and from I can tell it is still a potential, but nothing one way or the other and it would seem that it will be another few months before we find out whether it will happen or not. Does that seem accurate?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2013 01:48 #43516 by ReverendRevolver
Its still a strong possibility and no more updates exist aside from specualtion and requests. Rodd, want me to txt you when that changes?

More
07 Jan 2013 12:40 #43723 by Sérgio
Replied by Sérgio on topic Re: The future of V:TES
I know i'm coming late to the party, and prolly someone said this before but here is my 2cents. Also remember that I started playing when the game was "over" and only bought cards very, very much later.

I agree with those who said that precons are good for new players, but I remember people in my play group who have just about EVERY card, saying they bought decks because they had certain cards or material. From this, I conclude that there are 2 possible targets for the precons: new players, who can have a taste of certain types of decks/clans and players who want some things from those decks.

Bearing this in mind, why not include certain items that might be valued by more "serious" players/collectors (i.e. a good deckbox - tin cans, I'm thinking of you) and have a "new player suggested decks/ready to play" card lists from the print-on-demand thingy-majigy.

To sum it up, what I mean is "give added value to precons, making them accessible to new players who wish to spend a little more and older players who want something from them".

More
23 Jan 2013 11:45 #44324 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES
I´m getting a little bit annoyed by the lack of information concerning the future of the game, especially about the new set.

Is any progress being made?

Is there an desition made NOT to release the new set in pdf-format any time soon?

Is there any kind of timeframe discussed at all?

I want to know more, and I´m sure I´m not alone.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
23 Jan 2013 13:04 #44328 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: The future of V:TES
I'm pretty sure when there's something to report it'll be reported.

I'd be inclined to say that the copyright owners do not hold this as high priority thing so the timeframe is very likely likely:
Future. Hopefully sooner than later

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
23 Jan 2013 15:15 #44332 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: The future of V:TES

I´m getting a little bit annoyed by the lack of information concerning the future of the game, especially about the new set.

Perhaps you could step-up and volunteer to be part of the process. Then you'd understand the issues involved and why, despite your personal emotional needs, the Inner Circle doesn't post daily updates.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds