file The future of V:TES

08 Sep 2012 09:39 #36276 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: The future of V:TES

A thought struck me the other day. If the pdf set instead will be a commercially printed set, that would probably affect the makers of the artwork negatively. That is if they did their work for free or at a reduced fee, inn the belief that it was for a non-commercial product. While I know nothing of the dealings between the artists and the design team, this might be something that needs to be looked into?

That is already in consideration. Of course a commercial set will mean that artists will get paid something adequate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2012 13:46 #36584 by cordovader
Replied by cordovader on topic Re: The future of V:TES

[...]

onebookshelf inc. has shown serious interest in putting a deal together that allows for printed publishing of (eventually) all previous and future V:TES cards through a print-on-demand program. You can read further details on the general program on www.drivethrucards.com/. The person behind onebookshelf inc. is Steve Wieck, former owner and president of White Wolf, a long time fan and benefactor of V:TES. I am also involved in the onebookshelf business which allows for close cooperation between the V:EKN and onebookshelf for having future V:EKN sanctioned cards published as well and for direct fan input to the whole process to bring you the best possible package.

[...]

I don't know if you can answer the V:tES Community yet, but it is something we've been wondering in the Spanish and French V:tES Community (at least I've exposed my questions in the forums).

Will the print-on-demand program be focused on single cards or single card prices or will the old and new material be released in boosters-starters-kits? Maybe both options will be possible?

More
12 Sep 2012 16:10 #36598 by Bunter
Replied by Bunter on topic Re: The future of V:TES

I think this "I am also involved in the onebookshelf business" represents are gravely wrong conflict of interest with the position of V:EKN Chairman.

I was pointed to the thread where you announced your community dividing set to the unwashed masses from the #vtes irc channel. The thread was quite funny, lots of people pointing out that A> your cards are mostly rubbish and B> its a massive ego trip and bad Bad BAD for the future of the game, some of them did it with a real flare for writing too.. flare that is mostly lacking in your set I add.

Also on that thread was a link to this thread and I nearly fell off my chair when I read your quote above, are you so blinded by hate, ego and god knows what else that your first reaction and post to the good news of possible future printed cards is to MOAN THAT JOHANNES HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT?!?!?

Do you even like vtes?

More
12 Sep 2012 16:14 #36599 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: The future of V:TES
And what exactly do you prove by showing pure undiluted hate for him ? That you can be worse than him ?

More
12 Sep 2012 16:19 #36600 by Bunter
Replied by Bunter on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Call it a knee jerk reaction.

It was very cathartic.

Also I think it was a thought that needed expressing.

More
12 Sep 2012 16:25 #36601 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Also I think it was a thought that needed expressing.

Exactly like the thing Jeff Kuta expressed. It needed expression ; that it was right or wrong is left to the reader, which is supposed to be an adult.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds