file GenCon

24 May 2011 22:34 #4664 by Robba Yaga
GenCon was created by Robba Yaga
I am attending Origins and I realize that over the years, everything V:TES has been moving away from GenCon and towards Origins, but are there NO V:TES events at all at GenCon? I have a friend that desperately wants me to go and I'd be sad to be there sans any V:TES games. Anyone ... anyone ... Beuller?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2011 23:19 #4669 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: GenCon
Contact the Indianapolis area princes. (There are 2-3 of them.) With White Wolf not providing a booth and paying for someone's hotel room, I don't think there is much push for major events. The last year that I attended the US Championship tournament held there had 8 players. The true essence of disappointing.

Note that I haven't been to GenCon in 3-4 years or so.

More
25 May 2011 04:49 #4675 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: GenCon

I am attending Origins and I realize that over the years, everything V:TES has been moving away from GenCon and towards Origins, but are there NO V:TES events at all at GenCon? I have a friend that desperately wants me to go and I'd be sad to be there sans any V:TES games. Anyone ... anyone ... Beuller?

As stated here: www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/5-generic-vtes-discussion/3947-events-at-gen-con#3959

"As GenCon has recently become increasingly expensive, unstable, and unfriendly, CCP and I (as I'm the guy that runs the VTES events at Origins) have made an effort to move *all* the VTES events away from GenCon and to the Origins convention. This allowed CCP to save money by not having any VTES presence at GenCon and not having any corporate presence at Origins, and a small amount of that savings was put into more prize support for Origins VTES events. An additional benefit is that the VTES community only "has" to attend one convention now, rather than two, so our Origins attendance has been steadily increasing, which is a big selling-point for Origins, which makes VTES at Origins lots more fun and competitive than it was in the ancient past."

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
25 May 2011 12:59 #4680 by Robba Yaga
Replied by Robba Yaga on topic Re: GenCon
Thanks for the replies. I knew numbers were down and that's why things had moved to Origins. I was just surprised that there were no V:TES events at all. Anyway, Kevin's post makes complete sense. I used to regularly run RPG events at GenCon, but its become exactly as stated, unfriendly and unorganized and so I don't do it anymore.

Ah well.

Robb

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds