check State of the V:EKN: News from the printshop

11 Sep 2013 06:39 #54001 by Timo
Thanks a lot!

It changes nearly nothing about the point I wanted to make (the game is still slowly diing) buthaving some insight is really good and give a little bit of refreshed hope ^^.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2013 12:17 - 11 Sep 2013 12:18 #54006 by jamesatzephyr

At that point, the development context changed from "release .pdfs even though we don't have copyright" to "wait until we get the green light from the IP owners so we don't interfere with or jeopoardize license negotiations".

That clearly applies to cards that would be intended to be "official".

If V:EKN were to release storyline-only cards that would never enter normal sanctioned play and which were valid only for a storyline - say, something along the lines of the clearly-broken Nergal deck, though possibly not so ambitious as a whole deck! - would that also be prevented by license negotiations?

(For example, some storyline-only vampires where each player must use one of them in a clan-themed deck. Some master cards or events similarly. Whatever.)
Last edit: 11 Sep 2013 12:18 by jamesatzephyr.

More
11 Sep 2013 13:16 #54008 by Count Orlok
This is all well and good, but besides waiting for these companies to make their arrangements, what is the VKEN doing to keep VTES alive? Adonai suggested a storyline or planned events, and I know that I've suggested the same on several occasions. If we can't get POD in the meantime, the VKEN needs to do something to aid the community.

:same: :FOR: :NEC: :THN: :pre: Baron of Berkeley :bl: :cap8:

More
11 Sep 2013 14:54 #54009 by Szewski

This is all well and good, but besides waiting for these companies to make their arrangements, what is the VKEN doing to keep VTES alive? Adonai suggested a storyline or planned events, and I know that I've suggested the same on several occasions. If we can't get POD in the meantime, the VKEN needs to do something to aid the community.

From the marketing perspective: we have developed several projects (or "in develop") but we stucked in due the rights and license - for example we need official agreement to develop any stuff with the triple-snake-mark as a vtes logo if we will do this for the profit (if any) etc etc.

From my perspective for now my hands are tied. Pretty serious. We can only bring some stuff for promo during events like EC (whatever).

We need to wait for the end of the negotiations and then make the decisions - in both ways - with or without legal permissions and pod...The situation has to be clear.

There are plenty of ideas but we live in such a circumstances and we have to be caution. That's my perspective.
Regards
Szewski
The following user(s) said Thank You: acbishop, SLave, ThatGuyThere

More
14 Sep 2013 17:12 #54076 by Josephdmorse
When I first heard about the news of a new card set being put together I got very excited, Its good that the game is moving forward. However I understand all the delays, but my frustration is not with VEKN, you guys are doing a fantastic job with this, When I first started playing VTES it was easy to find players, then those players slowly went away, and I searched for 10 yrs. for new players. I still collected cards and was even given cards by those who no longer played. Thanks for VEKN for coming along in putting me in touch with players in my area, My point is that it does not matter to me how long it takes for the cards to come out, I know everyone involved is doing there best, I know there are obstacles, and other things to overcome. I do not want to rush into a card set, in any format. It will happen, and when it does it will be grand.

Prince of Toledo
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, Dorrinal, cos

More
15 Sep 2013 11:23 #54080 by cos
not sure what else I can say that hasn't already been said. Accept show my support for the whole of the vekn and we will get there in the end.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds