file Rules Team Rulings - 22-APR-2013

23 Apr 2013 00:42 #47402 by Dorrinal

I'm a little bit confused about the Additional Strikes ruling.
What am I missing here that's new?

Resolves the ambiguity in the rule book discussed in this thread:
vekn.net/index.php/forum/6-rules-questions/41472-additional-strikes#41472

:trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2013 01:12 #47405 by Ira
Pascal, for those of us not following things more closely, can you share any reasons why Lilith's Blessing was banned?

I guess the answer is power level, but I'm not sure. It seems like there are other cards (or even Master cards) that may be more powerful, depending on how you want to judge "power level."

As always, thank you for the great work that you're doing! It is a huge help to the game!

Ira

More
23 Apr 2013 05:57 #47422 by Blooded Sand
Ira, lilliths blessing reached the autoinclude point. The problem is NOT lilliths blessing per se, but it is broken alongside villein. As are so many other cards. Which again points out that Vilein is the problem, but (resume beating a dead horse into the distance)

However the combo of bring out arika, gain 11 pool via villein, arika becomes a twelve cap, call ancient influence? yeah thats a little bit strong ;)

And this is but one of the many ways it was broken in. So not power level but the brokenness alongside vilein

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, KevinM

More
23 Apr 2013 06:16 #47427 by drnlmza

The additional strikes ruling is, I think, partly a result of the Additional Strikes disucssion from Nov last year. Specifically, the scenario presented here , which rather surprised a lot of people, is explicitly disallowed.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
23 Apr 2013 08:42 #47438 by Pascal Bertrand

The additional strikes ruling is, I think, partly a result of the Additional Strikes disucssion from Nov last year. Specifically, the scenario presented here , which rather surprised a lot of people, is explicitly disallowed.

Correct.
That one needed explicit clarification.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jozxyqk

More
23 Apr 2013 10:09 #47442 by Lambach
Kinda bummed... I just traded some pretty decent stuff for some Lilith's blessing. Yes, I know all VTES players in the known universe had them out the wazoo but I did not.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds