check Designers' Diary entry for June

15 Jun 2013 10:00 #49839 by johannes

Wait, does this mean that this set is gonna get printed or is available for print on demand? Or is this just for future planning?

IF the POD project takes off all of the OFFICIAL VEKN sets will be available through POD.
With the first one ready to go we are preloading the queue since development of a set takes several months.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2013 10:00 #49840 by johannes

So it wouldn't be misleading to say to artists that, say, I'd be trying to entic... recruit that they would be receiving at least some kind of compensation for their efforts. Probably not something to make them filthy rich or anything but at least some tiny amounts of moolah, right?

Correct. Details to be figured out, but most likely a (tiny) automatic royalty for each card with their artwork sold.

More
16 Jun 2013 05:00 - 16 Jun 2013 11:28 #49859 by Timo

So it wouldn't be misleading to say to artists that, say, I'd be trying to entic... recruit that they would be receiving at least some kind of compensation for their efforts. Probably not something to make them filthy rich or anything but at least some tiny amounts of moolah, right?

Correct. Details to be figured out, but most likely a (tiny) automatic royalty for each card with their artwork sold.

It seems a little bit unfair. I don't know how it works "normally" for this kind of stuff but in this case, it would mean that the guy who will draw freack drive-like cards will be rewarded a lot more than the guy who will draw an obscure vampire. Even if the vamp artwork is amazing and the FD-like one is Gary-Chaterton-like.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2013 11:28 by Timo.

More
16 Jun 2013 05:18 #49860 by Damnans

It seems a little bit unfair. I don't know how it works "normally" for this kind of stuff but in this case, it would mean that the guy who will draw freack drive-like cards will be rewarded a lot less than the guy who will draw an obscure vampire. Even if the vamp artwork is amazing and the FD-like one is Gary-Chaterton-like.

We are aware of this, so we intend to use an equitable system.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
16 Jun 2013 11:18 - 16 Jun 2013 11:19 #49866 by self biased

It seems a little bit unfair. I don't know how it works "normally" for this kind of stuff but in this case, it would mean that the guy who will draw freack drive-like cards will be rewarded a lot less than the guy who will draw an obscure vampire. Even if the vamp artwork is amazing and the FD-like one is Gary-Chaterton-like.

I would imagine the fairest way all around would be to just commission pieces at a flat rate. per-card royalties get sticky for just the reason you've suggested. It feels like the problem is the VEKN coming up with the capital to commission enough art and pay a fair price for it.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2013 11:19 by self biased.

More
16 Jun 2013 15:50 #49874 by Mael

I would imagine the fairest way all around would be to just commission pieces at a flat rate. per-card royalties get sticky for just the reason you've suggested. It feels like the problem is the VEKN coming up with the capital to commission enough art and pay a fair price for it.

A possibility would be to pay a royalty to each artist for every card sold, regardless of whose artwork is on it. This share could then be weighted by how many individual cards each artist illustrated. So if there were 30 cards say, an artist who illustrated 3 of them would get 10% of all royalties while an artist who illustrated 5 would get 17%.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds