map-pin Announce your Presence

18 Apr 2011 19:24 #3516 by yafka
Replied by yafka on topic Re: Announce your Presence
My name is Jordan Beall, from Charlotte, NC

I learned to play VTES on Jan. 9, 2002 from R. David Zoph (Atomweaver) at the Borders Books & Music. Final Nights and Bloodlines were the first expansions I was exposed to.

After Atomweaver moved to Connecticut, I was, for a time, Prince of Charlotte (and may be again soon).

I still maintain the blog Charlotte By Night, which is now located at charlottebynight.wordpress.com and am looking to get another active VTES playgroup up and running this year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2011 23:41 #3525 by Pieterzoon
I am Matt Guinn from Roswell GA.

Not sure what year, but I think I got 12 boxes of Jyhad for $60 in North Durham NC. We'll call it mid 90's.

I play in Atlanta with team Tatu, Adonai, and a bunch of other locals that are too awesome to name.

More
19 Apr 2011 04:56 #3534 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Announce your Presence

My name is Jordan Beall, from Charlotte, NC

I learned to play VTES on Jan. 9, 2002 from R. David Zoph (Atomweaver) at the Borders Books & Music. Final Nights and Bloodlines were the first expansions I was exposed to.

After Atomweaver moved to Connecticut, I was, for a time, Prince of Charlotte (and may be again soon).

I still maintain the blog Charlotte By Night, which is now located at charlottebynight.wordpress.com and am looking to get another active VTES playgroup up and running this year.

No active princes in the state of North Carolina at the moment, so you'd probably be welcome into the ranks of the Princes.

And your website is one of the very best VTES websites. Thanks for keeping it up, and thanks for especially the Know Your Kindred posts.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
19 Apr 2011 12:22 - 19 Apr 2011 12:23 #3548 by atomweaver

I am Matt Guinn from Roswell GA.

Not sure what year, but I think I got 12 boxes of Jyhad for $60 in North Durham NC. We'll call it mid 90's.

Ahh, the "Edge-Man" era. I remember it well; 1997-98.

There was a regional distributor in Texas who got stuck with a massive amount of Jyhad*, and for that reason and/or others they went bankrupt. The distributor's stock was bought at auction by a guy named Steve who ran an online store called "The Edge-Man". He fire-sold all of the Jyhad stock at $5 per box of boosters, $50 minimum purchase.

* It was somewhat well-known at the time jyhad came out that WotC was sending businesses Magic (in the era of The Dark and Legends) on a "percent allocation" against amount ordered, so some businesses were in the habit of gaming the allocation by ordering 3x to 5x more than they intended to sell, to try and grab a modestly larger share. The size of the Jyhad print run was big enough to fill 100% of what everyone ordered, and WotC was unwilling ot take any of it back, which is part of why the game got a bad rep with some distributors and retailers... This moment in VTES history was brought to you by the Old-Timey Cadre of Methuselah Cranks, of which atomweaver is a Founding Member.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2011 12:23 by atomweaver.

More
12 May 2011 05:54 #4339 by TempusRimeblood
My name's Matt Chrismer, and I'm from El Paso, TX. I'm a total newbie who just got into V:TES (my starter deck came in today), and I joined this site in the hopes of learning the game and finding people to play with.

I'm not very knowledgeable about the game yet, but from all the Vampire: The Masquerade stuff I've played and read, my favorite clans are Ravnos :ravn: and Tzimisce :tzim:, but I do have a soft spot for the Daughters of Cacophony :doca: and Assamites :assa:.

More
12 May 2011 07:03 #4341 by Karo
Replied by Karo on topic Re: Announce your Presence
Hi guys! My name is Slaven Karakas from the small town Osijek in Croatia (thats a small country in the eastern/middle europe). I started when the Anarchs came out so it was pretty hectic to get any kind of a decent deck around here.
My all time favs are the Lasombras.

I also host my vtesos.blogspot.com blog on which I write our weekly/monthly events and game nights. In a few days more I'm hoping to realign my old VEKN number here and set up NC for Croatia also.

klubtitanatlas.hr/

former NC for Croatia

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds