06 Jul 2011 18:36 #5958 by Robert Goudie
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Robert Goudie
Director of Marketing
Vampire: Elder Kindred Network
# # #
VAMPIRE: ELDER KINDRED NETWORK® ANNOUNCES NEW RULES DIRECTOR

Official V:TES Players' Organization Selects New Rules Director
Paris, France – July 6, 2011 – Vampire: Elder Kindred Network has selected Pascal Bertrand as its new Rules Director. Pascal began playing Vampire: The Eternal Struggle eight years ago with the Paris playgroup and some of its legendary players. Most recently, Pascal has been serving the player community through his role as the National Coordinator for France, answering rules questions on a regional level, and by judging large tournaments including the 172-player Last Chance Qualifier at the 2010 European Championship. You can find Pascal on the www.vekn.net website where his rulings will be the one and only official source for V:TES rulings.

Pascal succeeds the venerable L. Scott Johnson who first began his V:TES service by collecting official rulings made on mailing lists and Usenet. Scott went on to become the game's official rules guru for Wizards of the Coast® and then added Game Designer to his credits when White Wolf selected him to design 19 expansion sets beginning with 2001's Sabbat War. These days, Scott can be found frequenting the Boardgamegeek.com website including its V:TES forums.

About Vampire: Elder Kindred Network
Founded in 1997, the Vampire: Elder Kindred Network is the official Vampire: The Eternal Struggle Players' Organization dedicated to the continued health of V:TES. The V:EKN endeavors to help the game grow in popularity through the embracing of new players as well as through the support of the existing fans.
About Vampire: The Eternal Struggle
Vampire: The Eternal Struggle is a Deckmaster™ trading card game set in White Wolf’s popular World of Darkness. Created in 1994 by Richard Garfield as the follow-up to his groundbreaking Magic: The Gathering trading card game, V:TES is one of the most enduring games in the genre with fans and organized play events in countries across the globe.
© Vampire: Elder Kindred Network 2011. All rights reserved.

# # #

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2011 19:39 #5961 by Juggernaut1981
Congratulations Pascal.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
06 Jul 2011 20:20 #5964 by KevinM
Does this mean that Pascal will finally get a Facebook account? ;)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
07 Jul 2011 04:59 #5981 by Karo
Gz GZ :laugh:

klubtitanatlas.hr/

former NC for Croatia

More
07 Jul 2011 05:18 #5982 by emime
I have high esteem and the utmost respect for Pascal as a person, player and judge, and if someone had to succeed LSJ as rules director, he is the right choice.

However, I cannot stop myself from asking for some public explanation of what in my eyes is a very surprising move on the part of VEKN.

What caused LSJ to step down and/or the VEKN board to replace him? LSJ's choice of the "Rulemonger" nickname on BGG did not certainly indicate he desired to stop giving rulings... nor his rulings were less adequate or less rigorous than before.

Also, does this mean LSJ will stop answering questions altogether? Because if not, that would create more than a conflict, as his authority has become very solid (and rightly so) through the years.

I would also like to use this occasion to publicly thanks Scott for his incomparable work as designer and rulemonger: I started playing in 2002, so for me there was never a "pre-LSJ time", and he has been my "guiding light" into the meanders of VTES rules and cards all along.

Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels

More
07 Jul 2011 06:14 #5984 by Shockwave
Congratulations Pascal, and after years of reading those 'interesting' questions, I'd agree that the best possible choice has been made.

Also a huge thank you to LSJ who has put so much of his time and energy into keeping V:TES alive, and his part in making it the slick thing (especially compared to a lot of LCG/CCG) it is today. I'd like to echo Emiliano's query about LSJ's ongoing involvement for the future.

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds