times The Unaligned: Previews

07 Oct 2014 04:45 #66112 by PetriWessman
The next set it tentatively about the Anarchs (yay!), I'm hoping to see Turpakäräjät there :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2014 05:15 #66115 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

Frenzy. Only usable before range is determined.
:qui: Each of this minion's strikes or damaging effects inflict +1 damage for the remainder of combat. A vampire can play only one Dam the Heart's River each combat.
:QUI: as above and strikes cost the opposing minion 1 additional blood or life (the opposing minion can choose not to strike).

Actually, what you propose is not a rewording but another card (your wording is not clear about thing like environemental damage which seems not to be included).

And the wording may be non consistant with other wording but is more clear...

More
07 Oct 2014 05:25 #66117 by Blooded Sand

Nar-Sheptha
Rating: 2
It is card for very specific decks only, mainly star vampire rush decks, but quite useful in those.

Any qui long chain combat deck (red, all of them) could use this to great effect. See if enemy majesties before you blood sweat. At least a 4 in any Assamite combat eck

Zephyr
Rating: 3
This is really odd multiacting, but it is still multiacting, which never hurts. Obviously its best in decks without much stealth, like say toreador, still not really sure how much play it will see.

Its fggen awesome in a bruise bleed loss deck. Bleed with loss, you block? great, smash blocker, untap, rush another

Priority Contract
Rating: 4
This card is great, trifle contract with built-in quite generous poolgain for dunking the target, this should make assamite combat quite a bit stronger archetype, and will likely replace provision of the silsila in all decks since they can't both be used at same time I believe.

Why not use them together? When you need pool, have some, when you need blood, same.

Dam the Heart's River
Rating: 5
This card can single-handledly make assamites to actually prefer quietus over weapons as their main combat module, very well designed card.

Agreed

Sanguine Entrapment
Rating: 2
I guess lot of people are excited about this card, I am however not, its almost in the Sanguinary Wind level of narrowness, I would have liked it so much more if it would have also given a manuever or even a press. But as it is, I doubt I will play this ever, its just too narrow effect to be worth a card.

Yeah, you know there is this other card that is also SUPER corner case called immortal grapple, i heard it sucks in almost all the decks it is in.
Oh wait..... Sorry mate, but i think you are smoking the glass bowl on this one

Focus the Blood
Rating: 4
Inner Essence for assamites, this is very nice and helps to offset the blood costs in most quietus cards quite nicely.

Yeah, not bad, but paths, the CEL QUI action, and others are better than this. This is still a nice to have, but a must have.

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
07 Oct 2014 05:49 #66118 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
Nar-Sheptha is unique, which is why its mostly worth it for star decks, I at least wouldn't run four copies of an unique retainer in any deck. If it wouldn't have been unique then the rating would have definetily been higher.

Immortal Grapple also gives a press (and sets range for next round, and stops weapons from being used), which makes it lot more generally useful. I even mentioned in my review of sanguine entrapment that if it would have given manuever or press I would have liked it lot more.

More
07 Oct 2014 06:24 - 07 Oct 2014 06:25 #66122 by jamesatzephyr

Nar-Sheptha is unique, which is why its mostly worth it for star decks, I at least wouldn't run four copies of an unique retainer in any deck. If it wouldn't have been unique then the rating would have definetily been higher.

I'm not sure why unique-ness means you need to be playing a star. Sure, you're not going to stuff your deck with 8 of them and have three out at once, but you could easily have a couple of decent vampires out from your crypt and shove it on one when they came out, just like you might with an Ivory Bow or whatever.

Sure, it's potentially really good in a star vampire deck, but between shenanigans with things like Zephyr (get blocked, +2 hand size, finish combat, -2 hand size, untap, rush action, +2 hand size...), Psyche! (+2 hand size, finish combat, -2 hand size, combat restarts, +2 hand size...), and Heidelberg Castle, it doesn't seem that hard to use it to very solid effect in a non-star deck.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 06:25 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
07 Oct 2014 06:33 #66123 by Juggernaut1981
The two main 'pains in the ass' for Assamite combat have been:

- No way to deal with S:D & S:CE (urm... isn't there a card that nerfs one or the other in this set?)

- Play all your combat up front and then watch them kybosh it all relatively easily (Na Sheptha at least makes them play their stuff up front before you decide how you'll go)

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds