times The Unaligned: Previews

25 Sep 2014 06:07 - 25 Sep 2014 06:10 #65763 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
This is "Five Nights at Freddy's" all over again.
Last edit: 25 Sep 2014 06:10 by extrala.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2014 08:31 #65768 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

Bear's Skin + Trap + Dog Pack = Mangle-O-Rama

This is actually pretty ugly. Who playtested this?! ;)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
25 Sep 2014 08:45 #65769 by Malachy
Replied by Malachy on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
Bear's Skin + Trap is a pretty comfortable combo I'd say, but it's far from op :) Dog Pack is always circumstantial... personally I wouldn't use more than 1-2 of them.

NC of Hungary

///

More
25 Sep 2014 10:16 #65775 by ReverendRevolver

Bear's Skin + Trap is a pretty comfortable combo I'd say, but it's far from op :) Dog Pack is always circumstantial... personally I wouldn't use more than 1-2 of them.

Seconded. I dont think even gangrel fans need to own many dog packs, as they are hard to pay for in punches at 3 pool. The combo isnt too broken, as horrid form trap and crows with a path can be worse. Gangrel have reason to run Revel, and now any gangrel with superior of 2 in clans just got better. Fortitude at basic just became super acceptable on small and mid gangrel.

Ritual challange is even less needed now, but Grangrel 36 card combat package (typically a good number for fluid combat that fan rush and block) wont be as unreliable. Crows, traps, skins, tastes, some pack alphas and then optional agg, fortitude, and a form of mist/meld if desired.

The big picture thing is that the preview gangrel crypt card is a small dude, and not titled. The text block of the preview says they got support in titltes, so bearskin is just part of what makes gangrel look good; they get better support and potentially stars. Many existing fatty gangrel get a second look due to bearskin, but Gangrel fans and almost fans in general will be looking to try out "almost good" decks now.
Looks like I might build a real gangrel deck other than Ariadne stuff.....

More
25 Sep 2014 12:38 #65779 by CalibanX
Bear Skin is a good card, but I don't think it's what Gangrel needs. Gangrel combat isn't thier "problem". They need better action cards to oust.
The following user(s) said Thank You: talonz

More
25 Sep 2014 13:53 #65781 by ReverendRevolver

Bear Skin is a good card, but I don't think it's what Gangrel needs. Gangrel combat isn't thier "problem". They need better action cards to oust.

Thats only part of the problem.
If they had a bloat action, and a bleed action (or both as one card; Gangrel the Unaligned ;) ) they would srill be stuck with inclans that thier bloodlines do bettee stuff with becauss Protean sucks.

Ahrimanes and Akunanse are better than Gangrel. They both have better reaction ability (all have STSW, but predators communion, ears of the hare, falcons eye, etc are all better than what protean gives gangrel) in disciplines and sect stuff (no secrets and abbot and I guess under siege if needed). They both have better utility cards and rushes, in addition to having the Ani stuff Gangrel has (predators mastery and transformation, swiftness of the stag, SPI rushes in general) and combat stuff thats better or similar to Proteans stuff for Gangrel( SPI stuff, and invoking the beast, decil channel hands mostly).

Bearskin gives Gangrel something better than invoking the beast. If there were an Ani Pro card that let you untap and block, then do it with intercept or gain intercept, theyd be another leg up.

I think Gangrel getting ousting power would help, but thematically, being great at fighting and not getting ousted is what they always should have had. Deep song, tier of souls, army of rats, and if needed Jack can make them oust. Being unshakable by crypt accel, blocking, bloating, and fighting is what they always should have had and never did (when compared to other clans)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds