times The Unaligned: Previews

25 Sep 2014 15:24 #65783 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

but thematically, being great at [...] not getting ousted is what they always should have had.

I dont' see why the should have good intercept option ??? I mean, protean never had been a good "intercept" thing ??? They have what :ani: give and it is OK...

And don't forget that they have the 2 best combat ends that exist in VtES !!! (which is something !!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2014 15:36 #65784 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
:PRO: is fine, i've heard that Earth Meld and Form of Mist are decent ... On the other hand, i welome new combat option.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
25 Sep 2014 15:37 #65785 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
Looking at gangrel cards I'm disappointed. I mean, both are good, but neither of them makes me think about creating any new decks. They're kind of cards that doesn't bring anything new to the game. Still, they'll probably find some slots in decks as solid cards. They are just soo booring. Hopefully other cards for Gangrel will be more inspirational.
From all the shown cards till now I like assamite the most.

More
25 Sep 2014 15:46 #65786 by brandonsantacruz
Why Trap when you have Shadow of the Wolf?

Shadow of the Wolf
Protean combat card
2 blood
Only usable before range is chosen.
[pro] This vampire gets an additional strike with +1 strength during this round of combat.
[PRO] As above, with an optional press.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
25 Sep 2014 17:06 #65788 by ReverendRevolver

Why Trap when you have Shadow of the Wolf?

Shadow of the Wolf
Protean combat card
2 blood
Only usable before range is chosen.
[pro] This vampire gets an additional strike with +1 strength during this round of combat.
[PRO] As above, with an optional press.

It may exist, but I dont own any. Id rather keep my blood so when I computer hack I can affor Horrific Countenance ;)

As for Protean having the two best SCE in the game; yes, its cool. Whole decks built around it.

But, outside Slava and Henry twister, I still see a metric assload of Ahrimanes and Akunanse getting good milage out of inclans, Gangrel not so much. Shadow of the wolf, mythic form, and body flare all do something worth one less blood or costing worth one more effect (shadow being each round getting an additional). Protean sucks, thus gangrel suck. Fixing protean and giving them clan cards seems to be a good angle to helping them. Multi discipline cards with inclans is also a fair angle, and worked here.

Brandon, trap is < conquer the beast ;)

More
25 Sep 2014 17:48 #65792 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

Looking at gangrel cards I'm disappointed. I mean, both are good, but neither of them makes me think about creating any new decks. They're kind of cards that doesn't bring anything new to the game. Still, they'll probably find some slots in decks as solid cards. They are just soo booring. Hopefully other cards for Gangrel will be more inspirational.
From all the shown cards till now I like assamite the most.

It's a fair point, and there are definitely more interesting cards we could be showing off. However, we're trying to show off and advertise as many artists as we can. They've done a ton of work for us, and the least we can do for them is show them off and link to their portfolios. We've done some of that with the art previews in the Designers' Diary entries, and we're finally getting around to some of the other artists. You'll see the rest of the set soon enough anyway. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, D-dennis, PetriWessman, Malachy, self biased

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds