times The Unaligned: Previews

26 Sep 2014 14:42 #65807 by Scribe
Replied by Scribe on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

My point, is that combat themed clans without power bleed Disciplines can't afford to have their puny bleeds so easily countered. Without bruise bleed or bounces it's very tough for combat decks to oust. Giving the Gangrel new combat cards, even good ones, isn't going to put them on the same playing field as other clans.

Here I will completely but respectively disagree. A heavily themed combat oriented clan needs to be able to concentrate on what it does best to oust - and that is winning combats. Meaning, I would greatly prefer to see combat themed clans get cards that resulted in pool loss for winning combats over getting things that allowed them to bleed for a pool or two as you describe.

There are generic cards that assist with this idea such as Dragonbound, Fame, Tension and the likes. And trust me, in my years of playing the Assamites, I have put these cards to their full use. But I would still love to see the Assamites get a card that caused pool damage to someone that was sunk with a contract on them (in the same way that the Black Thrones gives you a pool for this). This keeps the essence of the clan intact and gives them more ousting ability.

In my opinion, the Gangrel should follow right along. They should have a pool damage mechanism through winning combats. Would this make combat too powerful? I seriously doubt it as even when dedicating 1/2 to 2/3 of your deck to combat cards, you can still run into situations that kick your ass. Running a solid combat/rush deck is infinitely more difficult (with all of the variables at the table) than a bleed or vote deck. So if someone is willing to build a deck around this, then they should be "awarded".

Just my random thoughts on the matter.

Take care,
Todd B.
Scribe of the Assamites
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blooded Sand, Loughman, Pendargon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2014 17:25 #65809 by CalibanX
Todd, I'm not wed to any specific approach for helping out the combat clans, only that they need something to help with the ousting. I think your ideas are great and would love to see more of them implemented in new sets, I just don't think action cards should be considered "out of clan" though. Army of Rats and 419 Opp are great examples of action cards that can at least help combat clans. I'd like to see more.

More
27 Sep 2014 09:37 #65822 by Damnans
Replied by Damnans on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
THE UNALIGNED

Official release: October 4, 2014

Legal for Tournament Play: November 3, 2014

Vampire: Elder Kindred Network's second expansion for Vampire: the Eternal Struggle is The Unaligned, which focuses on the main Independent clans: Assamites, Followers of Set, Gangrel, Giovanni and Ravnos. The expansion is released in PDF format.

The set contains 47 crypt cards and 26 library cards.

PREVIEWS 7 and 8

The Giovanni have long under-utilized their Potence in V:TES. In The Unaligned, we've deepened the crypt options and strengthened the Potence in the Giovanni crypt cards for Groups 5-6. The library cards likewise have a strong combat emphasis.

Gábor Németh is an artist from
Hungary. Please, check his online
portfolio here .
Ginés Quiñonero is an artist from
Spain. Please, check his online
portfolio here .

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, D-dennis, HG.fi, Ashur, self biased, godofroads

More
27 Sep 2014 14:18 #65830 by jpas
Replied by jpas on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
More cards to make my Matahari and Vidal Jarbeaux designs even more awesome. Approved.

More
27 Sep 2014 14:35 - 27 Sep 2014 14:38 #65831 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
Strong combat card, great for toolbox combat, and still awesome in traditional Immoral Grapple/Torn Signpost/Disarm combat.

Bit shame that it isn't general necromancy card, as it would help some other clans, too. That vampire on the other hand, is very good - but i doubt that g5-g6 grouping will beat g2-g3 crypt in traditional shambling horde deck.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2014 14:38 by Lech.

More
27 Sep 2014 15:20 #65833 by PetriWessman
Two very nice cards. I love ally decks, so that new Giovanni makes me very happy. And that combat card... wow. That's a big boost to Giovanni combat, which makes it possible we may even see Giovanni combat at some point (instead of Giovanni stealth :).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds