times The Unaligned: Previews

27 Sep 2014 15:22 #65834 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
It will be very interesting to see how people use Spiritual Guidance. It´s not that good early.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2014 15:26 #65835 by PetriWessman

It will be very interesting to see how people use Spiritual Guidance. It´s not that good early.

Discard early copies, grab them later via Sudario etc?

More
28 Sep 2014 03:50 - 28 Sep 2014 03:59 #65839 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
very nice combat card, both good and thematic. Similar as Lech, I think it would be even better as a necromancy card. It's one of the disciplines which needs major development.
Vampire is very good as well.

i doubt that g5-g6 grouping will beat g2-g3 crypt in traditional shambling horde deck.

probably not, but on other hand he can join Anu Diptinatpa to build some new ally decks :)
Last edit: 28 Sep 2014 03:59 by alek.

More
28 Sep 2014 05:12 #65840 by PetriWessman

v
probably not, but on other hand he can join Anu Diptinatpa to build some new ally decks :)

Good point, I hadn't even thought of Anu here (yet) :)

More
29 Sep 2014 06:36 - 29 Sep 2014 06:37 #65858 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
Heh I find it quite funny that in the preview they say how they are going to make POT heavy crypt, then preview vampire who has all in-clans -except- potence at superior.

Its a great vampire though, and VERY nice picture.

Not sure how good that combat card will be though, you can't really play too many of them, since its not that great if you don't already have something to use it with in your ash heap, I suppose it comboes nicely with liquidation at least, and its really only worth using if you use quite varied combat package, as if your only using like 2-4 different combat cards, why not just put more copies of each of those?
Last edit: 29 Sep 2014 06:37 by Klaital.

More
29 Sep 2014 07:39 - 29 Sep 2014 07:41 #65859 by PetriWessman

Not sure how good that combat card will be though

My feel is "very good". Sure, it doesn't do much in a deck running on just a few different combat cards... but few combat decks, other than maybe animalism, will run with such a simple package. Typical potence decks will want to pack all sorts of cards, to deal with different types of targets. Grapples, maneuvers, different types of strikes, Tastes, etc. Oh, and with the Giovanni you may well want to add a few combat ends there too, to handle cases where you're up against something you can't handle. This new card gives you on-demand access to your whole combat toolkit (once per combat, of course), once you have it in your ash heap... and given decent card flow tech, getting most of it into your ash heap should not be a big problem.

We'll see when the first decks are designed :)

The tricky bit is figuring out how many of these to put in a deck, compared to the number of combat cards.
Last edit: 29 Sep 2014 07:41 by PetriWessman.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds