question-circle The Unaligned Survey

30 Mar 2015 15:32 - 31 Mar 2015 14:47 #70146 by Damnans
The Unaligned Survey was created by Damnans
THE UNALIGNED SURVEY
moje-ankiety.pl/respond-74026.html

Dear fellow Methuselahs,

It has been almost 6 months since the release of Vampire: Elder Kindred Network's second expansion for Vampire: the Eternal Struggle - The Unaligned.

We believe it has been enough time for the community to provide feedback regarding this set.

By answering this survey you are helping us to create even better expansions in the future.

Please answer the questions if possible, and send word about this survey to all your friends that play VTES.

Thank you.

Michal Kazmierczak "Migalart"

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 31 Mar 2015 14:47 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis, SLave, Migalart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2015 03:28 #70150 by brandonsantacruz
I did the top part of the survey, but individually rating the cards takes too long. I especially won't do it without the card text presented in the question.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
31 Mar 2015 04:08 #70151 by Jussi
Replied by Jussi on topic Re: The Unaligned Survey
I also did only the top part of the survey. It would be a good thing to have at least card texts so some comments on individual cards could be made.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Lech

More
31 Mar 2015 05:17 #70152 by Migalart
Replied by Migalart on topic Re: The Unaligned Survey
Please provide feedback for this individual cards you know.
If you dont remember card text it is also a kind of feedback...

VEKN Marketing CoDirector
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLave

More
31 Mar 2015 06:21 #70153 by porphyrion
Replied by porphyrion on topic Re: The Unaligned Survey
The main problem I find with the individual cards' ratings is that their power-level comes from the synergy they have with some of the other -both past and future!- cards in the game (or even a region-specific meta-game that affects their playability). If someone does not know the 'golden combo' that someone else does or plays in a vastly different environment (all-combat vs virtually no-combat), they could rate the cards utterly wrong and their feedback basically becomes pointless. In fact, power-level is just one aspect -and for me personally not even remotely the most important one- in Vtes-card design. The level of ingenuity (bringing fresh ideas to this great, vast game) or filling very specific (powerlevel-related or other) gaps in the game might be much more crucial in the long run. Just my $.01...

That aside, I still think it is essential to do these surveys.
Related: did the survey on Danse Macabre lead to any concrete design alterations? Why or why not? -Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jussi

More
01 Apr 2015 16:15 #70165 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Re: The Unaligned Survey

Related: did the survey on Danse Macabre lead to any concrete design alterations? Why or why not? -Thanks!

One of the big things we got in the Danse Macabre feedback was that not enough of the issues with the weaker clans were addressed. This was likely due to it being a small (35-card) set spread across all the core Sabbat clans (as well as wanting to start small for our first effort). With The Unaligned, we went with a larger (70-ish) set with only five clans to try to cover them in more depth. We do want to return to the core Sabbat clans at some point, but we have no definite plans for doing so at this time. We have vague plans, and a lot of crypt cards designed and/or rough-drafted. :)

Another big thing we got from the DM feedback was confirmation that we were on the right track for power level and playability. What the feedback said was what the playtesters said. Subsequent tournament reports, winning decks, and our own observations on usage looks rather positive. That isn't a design alteration, but rather a relief that we didn't have to significantly alter something.

Many thanks to you all for the feedback!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka, porphyrion, self biased, Migalart, Pascek

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds