file BOOM! Swedish Paradox acquires White Wolf

02 Nov 2015 19:46 #74045 by ReverendRevolver
So, the White-Wolf homepage has a spiel from Paradox on it. Second paragraph in, mentions the 2 PC games, hunter video games, then we the next sentence mentions Richard Garfeild making vampire the eternal struggle in '94, the "third tcg ever" accordinnog to them.

We aren't ignored, but we are just a bragging right currently.

They own whatever CCP didn't publish on vtes, per the deal.

So, they are gonna do everything involving "the right designers" and getting fan input? Maybe we need to just have random as hell conversations in the middle of forums about the buy? Every other page, 3-4 people. Just to be relevant. If someone who we aren't familiar with chimes in, it validates our cause, right?

"Blah blah nwod sux blah"
----"blahblah troll blah"
" what are they doing with vtes? Id love to see the vekn sets printed, lots of cool new crypt options"
"I hope they run with it. The new Gangrel stuff is sick as hell"

You get the idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blooded Sand

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2015 08:12 - 03 Nov 2015 08:12 #74053 by Juggernaut1981

We are looking for very detailed and comprehensive information about what properties these companies own. Why would they divulge this to us? What is the business reason for them?

Goodwill reason? Not being assholes? Make VEKN stop asking questions?

They will happily sue entities out of business, their 'asshole' status is writ large already.

It seems to me as though people are trying to argue that Wizards really doesn't own stuff after all. That's not the case.

Hehe, yeah, they own stuff, but nobody seem to know what.

And based on the situation quoted above, with Wizards suing them out of existence, testing the waters to find out what they own is basically a recipe for losing your house.

Yes, it is awkward communication on the internet. But the reason I want to know who owns what is so that the game can be in print again. Unless it´s important that this ownership things are kept a secret. In that case I will shut up.

I doubt we are ever going to know exactly, because Wizards-Hasbro have no reason to divulge what they own.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 03 Nov 2015 08:12 by Juggernaut1981.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka

More
04 Nov 2015 00:46 - 04 Nov 2015 00:47 #74081 by malkavianbarcelona
ok... i'm a littel confused over here, i feel Ashur and me we are on the same point.
Why VEKN ICs aren't going more deeper in that ?? I Know we are thousands of players in the community, but we are some really diehard guys around the forums.
Why we dont crowdfunding a Lawyer to make the investigation about that patents for us, maybe a USA player it's inside this kind of lawyer bussiness and it can help us, no ??...
I'm not too much deep in States laws, but for sure the info about what wizards owns and what dosent owns, needs to be public. For good sake !! they are a fucking company, they starve for make tons of money and sell again a license for a stupid game only a bunch non-mtg gamers plays, it will significant profit for don't do nothing for them !! why that info it's so elusive !!?? Bean knows i'm searching for answer to that for a very long time in facebook we have some chat about that a month or two ago.
I think we need to do this as a community because now is the time we are waiting since the fucking morons of CCP buy WW.... it's fucking now or never !! VEKN ICs needs to make an extra effort to move through this RIGHT FUCKING NOW or we are going to loss the momentum to put our community in the line...

I'm just saying ;)
Last edit: 04 Nov 2015 00:47 by malkavianbarcelona.

More
04 Nov 2015 09:02 #74086 by cordovader
I asked paradox and this was the answer.

cordovader said:

I guess it's too soon but...

Do you plan doing something with V:TES? And if the answer is affirmative, are you willing to take a look on the "official" V:EKN extensions? I think the community would appreciate it.

We're really excited about the news.

Shams said:

We are huge CCG fans at Paradox. I've persnally played Magic since 1995 - competitively since 2000 - and I'm in charge of finding/deciding which new projects to pursue.

I'd love to at least explore the possibility.

/shams

More
04 Nov 2015 11:57 #74089 by ReverendRevolver

I asked paradox and this was the answer.

cordovader said:

I guess it's too soon but...

Do you plan doing something with V:TES? And if the answer is affirmative, are you willing to take a look on the "official" V:EKN extensions? I think the community would appreciate it.

We're really excited about the news.

Shams said:

We are huge CCG fans at Paradox. I've persnally played Magic since 1995 - competitively since 2000 - and I'm in charge of finding/deciding which new projects to pursue.

I'd love to at least explore the possibility.

/shams

We need to convert this guy ASAP. Vtes is something I wasn't "into" until after I'd played competitive MTG, and we all know how long the learning curve is, but it sounds promising.

More
06 Nov 2015 11:42 #74116 by Ashur
Here´s some about the state of Onyx Path, and I guess the same thing is true for VTES: Keep cool. People are being nice. Things are happening, not sure about exactly what yet.

Link: theonyxpath.com/a-pair-of-ducks-bought-white-wolf-monday-meeting-notes/

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka, brettscho

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds