exclamation-circle ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

18 Jan 2016 09:02 #74974 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!
Aside from the work on designing, playtesting, etc, I really appreciate the level of the artwork of these new cards, which are provided for free to the VTES community.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, ilmale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2016 10:17 #74975 by TapeTaChatte
Ok as you know I don't like to keep quiet so I'll speak my mind.
Oh by the way great new site, I like being able to go on it at work in opposite to the old one

great set, really great set , frankly great job guys!
I would like to list all pros, because then it shows how weaks are the minuses against it, but I still want to put the minuses online/
So
pros:
high quality of the art globally
delay between two expansions greatly reduced, or schedule maintained if you prefer to put it like this
at first glance, seems very well balanced, I can sense the work behind this
new three ways anarch look far better than how they used to work
giving advanced versions to crap vampires... well I consider it better than creating new vampires, it doesn't close possibilities but can eventually open new one
appolonius advanced

minuses:
some of the art is not really what I expect from v:tes.
some advanced vampires don't look at all like the base version...

then about the bans,
I don't say they are bad because I am sure they result from deep thoughts, well-considered between a lot of beautiful minds,

if I had had to ban one single card, Anthelios would probably have been top of my list,

but I am concerned that we are banning cards or making drastical changes every year too fast

I already talked to it with Pascal and I'll probably have opportunities to do again (would have done already if the little rascal had told me what was incoming when I saw him the day before)
I don't see a specific deck winning in tournaments that you have to counter, so I don't see it as a good thing that you take such responsability on the future of the game while nothing really demands it. To me, the game should have been kept as is, while we don't have a professionnal distributor on it. If you feel some cards are too strong, make better cards to counter them.

Not to be is crap. Now do a not to be that doesn't need to be out of turn and played when the event is played and you'll soon see that the Anthelios deck will disappear.

My 2 cents of thoughts, but again no hard feelings, I like what you do guys and the new set looks terrific. (well I now have 100 decks of the bibliodeque to review also...)

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
18 Jan 2016 13:41 #74978 by jamesatzephyr

Not to be is crap. Now do a not to be that doesn't need to be out of turn and played when the event is played and you'll soon see that the Anthelios deck will disappear.

Good cards don't, in general, vanish just because they can be thwarted. And it's important that any such counter is balanced, but it also needs to be useful enough that the player playing it still thinks it's worth the cost for when the feared tech doesn't turn up at the table - otherwise you end up with situations where you want someone else to play the card to shut down that tech, without you having the faff of including it in your deck. e.g. an alternative use, making it broader but less powerful, making it easy to get rid of (Burn Option type tech) etc.

With all that said, if you have a good idea for an Event thwarter, the Expansion Sets & Card Ideas forum would be thrilled to hear from you, I'm sure.

I've suggested some in the past. e.g. Eminent Domain and some other casual suggestions in the same post.

More
18 Jan 2016 14:52 - 18 Jan 2016 14:53 #74980 by Sydnelson
Replied by Sydnelson on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!
Well instead of ban good, balanced and usable cards I think VEKN need to focus in put site back online and in new ways to bring new players to the game and try to keep the current ones.

Someone create a petition against those bans:

www.change.org/p/vekn-against-the-banishment-of-old-cards

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 18 Jan 2016 14:53 by Sydnelson.

More
18 Jan 2016 15:53 #74981 by alek
Replied by alek on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!
First of all many thanks for a great job of a design team. I really appreciate what you're doing. Also special thx for the artists. All pdf sets are really good looking. This one is no different. I especially like the style of Javier Santos and Carmen Cornet.
As for the bans, I'm confident those are really good decisions. Both Anthelios and ToGP were hurting vtes meta for a really long time. Ban was the best option in this case. I don't understand decision about Seeds of Corruption but I'm quessing it was because of its text which needs too much errata. Exact effect of this one was never clear.

More
18 Jan 2016 19:10 #74985 by zkopiosy
Replied by zkopiosy on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!
Hello,

I would like to thanks all the team for the expansion set. You spent a lot of time doing that for us, so really thx!

But, I was really surprised of seeing these ban list. I was then really surprised to not see any explanations for that.

We could presume that Seeds of corruption was banned because too dificult to understand, and that Togp and anthelios were too "powerful".

I could understand that Togp could make loose one player because it was targeted, but i really don't understand why anthelios was banned.

Winning decks aren't playing anthelios that much, a deck totally based on it could be destroyed only by playing uncoiling, so what was the matter?
Recursivity is always a trap in designing cards games, but why not having ban Ashur, sudario and sargon fragment so?

The players community is decresing, you have choose to wait for authorizing proxies, so new players can't start playing tournaments, now you choosed to remove one type of decks played by old players. Sorry it seems like you are trying to kill the community.

I'm not in a time taht I want to spend time in deck building, one of the reason I choose to play vtes, is that if I want to stop playing during 2 years and then come back in tounaments with my old decks I could. Now I loose, half of my decks pool, i'm not sure I will continue to go to the EC or others tournaments, if this ban is really effective.

I'm sure there are other players that think like me, maybe you should think about that players, before thinking of banning cards.

You should ban cards, only when there is no other solution to keep people playing this game. Really Anthelios was not so bad, if it could have kill the game, we would have undertand it during this 10 past years.

Hope you will react, because I'm a little disturbed by seeing a petition on change.org about that game I have loved so much...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds