exclamation-circle ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

18 Jan 2016 19:13 - 18 Jan 2016 20:01 #74986 by Mauro Ramos
Honestly the ban on letters was something wrong thinking and totally wrong, just look at what other cards as "Pentex, Ashur table and Mind Rape", are quite stronger and unbalanced that they were banned, a game too that with fewer players It has the great challenge to letters because the game is dead, and ultilizavam both "Anthelios" as a form of replacement for Ashur Tables now can no longer and were at the mercy of the vendors that are sure to inflate prices.
Is running a petition from earlier today to try to draw attention to these bans were for general vote, and no decision of vken, which in part is excellent to create issues, but to banish letters in question are not as strong , makes mistakes that can jeopardize the future of the game in relation to tournaments, sorry my opinion, but many of us here, we are quite upset about this decision, which should be evaluated and re-evaluated.
Players do not want to appeal phases masters?
Just limit the number of them in order.
A ex: would be a maximum of four master stages in a single turn.
Thanks for listening.
Last edit: 18 Jan 2016 20:01 by Mauro Ramos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2016 19:42 #74987 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

The crypt cards span Groups 1 through 5.

Desiree Narayan, Anarch Historian, Ravnos is group 6 on the print sheet.

Which information is wrong?
Thanks B)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
18 Jan 2016 19:47 #74988 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

The crypt cards span Groups 1 through 5.

Desiree Narayan, Anarch Historian, Ravnos is group 6 on the print sheet.

Which information is wrong?
Thanks B)

Looks like she's using her superior Chimerstry. ;)

She is correctly in Group 6 on the print sheet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron, brettscho

More
18 Jan 2016 20:12 - 18 Jan 2016 20:20 #74989 by brettscho
Replied by brettscho on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!
While I agree with some of your sentiments, zkopiosy, let me remind you that allowing players to print proxies was being considered, and that there has actually been significant resistance to the idea from the community, especially at the highest levels of competition (I'm one of those who says all proxies all the time - bring in new players!). And that movement towards printed proxies was halted (temporarily?) when it was announced that White Wolf had been purchased and that the new company had some interest in VTES. It wouldn't look good to a company if we just said that anybody could print whatever they wanted - how could they make any money in such an environment? So, for better or worse, the question of printed proxies is likely to be shelved until the new White Wolf says more about their intentions. Hopefully, if they don't move relatively soon, the conversation will restart.

Your contention regarding the banned cards seems reasonable, but I personally don't agree. No game survives by staying the same. Just look at how many players have dropped off since 2010 - clear evidence that as long as the game is changing, players remain interested.

Temptation of Greater Power is basically a card that my local play groups have made a gentleman's agreement about not playing. It simply wrecks one player's game experience. Imagine playing it on a big vampire controlled by a new player. Would you expect to ever see that player again? They think "I just spend 3 turns and 10 pool to bring that vampire out, and now it's gone." It's being banned for the same reasons that Protect Thine Own was banned (I really don't see how anybody could think that card is or was balanced. One dead vampire for one action. Sweet deal, dude!).

Anthelios may be a more controversial choice, although I personally support it (you should not get infinite recursion on things like DI or Sudden Reversal). One time recursion is so much different than permanent recursion. Finally, if half of your decks are dead because Anthelios is gone... well... your supply of decks is dramatically different than mine.

Finally, I would kind of like to see an errata on Seeds of Power that keeps the burn blood for each action but removes the special rules text. Of course I don't think we'll see any significant errata until we can actually print new cards.

---
Oh, and Mauro Ramos - 4 Master Phase actions per turn is reasonable?! The mind boggles! I think most people who are pushing to limit MMA are suggesting a return to the text used at the beginning of the game which is that all cards that grant extra MMA say "you get 2 Master Phase Actions" rather than "You get +1 Master Phase Action." Some are also suggesting that the Trifle ruling also say "You get a second Master Phase Action" meaning that it wouldn't stack with cards like Anson or the Parthenon. I'm not sure I've ever seen a deck play 4 or more master cards in a single turn....

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
Last edit: 18 Jan 2016 20:20 by brettscho.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ylly

More
18 Jan 2016 20:35 #74990 by Mauro Ramos
I understand you, but I think in relation to Anthelios really the problem is not in it , but the DI letter which in turn was not to have your mechanic could be playing again in the same match , Anthelios is strong , however the effect and global and it not only benefits the same player , I think if to ban any letters friend, would be DI or Pentex , these yes, in Combo with Anthelios do damage, but not the gehenna .
I respect your opinion , however reinforcement ban seeds , a simple action with +1 stealth , do not make the game impossible , since the Temptation of Greater Power you have every reason and agree to the ban it.

The great problem of Anthelios if you see , it is m double-edged sword , can both be good for those who use when ruin because its effect and accessible to everyone at the table , to conclude , I think that would solve not banish the letter but restrict the use of DI and Pentex to one per game, for sure , would bring more balance to the game.

More
18 Jan 2016 20:46 #74991 by ReverendRevolver

While I agree with some of your sentiments, zkopiosy, let me remind you that allowing players to print proxies was being considered, and that there has actually been significant resistance to the idea from the community, especially at the highest levels of competition (I'm one of those who says all proxies all the time - bring in new players!). And that movement towards printed proxies was halted (temporarily?) when it was announced that White Wolf had been purchased and that the new company had some interest in VTES. It wouldn't look good to a company if we just said that anybody could print whatever they wanted - how could they make any money in such an environment? So, for better or worse, the question of printed proxies is likely to be shelved until the new White Wolf says more about their intentions. Hopefully, if they don't move relatively soon, the conversation will restart.

Your contention regarding the banned cards seems reasonable, but I personally don't agree. No game survives by staying the same. Just look at how many players have dropped off since 2010 - clear evidence that as long as the game is changing, players remain interested.

Temptation of Greater Power is basically a card that my local play groups have made a gentleman's agreement about not playing. It simply wrecks one player's game experience. Imagine playing it on a big vampire controlled by a new player. Would you expect to ever see that player again? They think "I just spend 3 turns and 10 pool to bring that vampire out, and now it's gone." It's being banned for the same reasons that Protect Thine Own was banned (I really don't see how anybody could think that card is or was balanced. One dead vampire for one action. Sweet deal, dude!).

Anthelios may be a more controversial choice, although I personally support it (you should not get infinite recursion on things like DI or Sudden Reversal). One time recursion is so much different than permanent recursion. Finally, if half of your decks are dead because Anthelios is gone... well... your supply of decks is dramatically different than mine.

Finally, I would kind of like to see an errata on Seeds of Power that keeps the burn blood for each action but removes the special rules text. Of course I don't think we'll see any significant errata until we can actually print new cards.

---
Oh, and Mauro Ramos - 4 Master Phase actions per turn is reasonable?! The mind boggles! I think most people who are pushing to limit MMA are suggesting a return to the text used at the beginning of the game which is that all cards that grant extra MMA say "you get 2 Master Phase Actions" rather than "You get +1 Master Phase Action." Some are also suggesting that the Trifle ruling also say "You get a second Master Phase Action" meaning that it wouldn't stack with cards like Anson or the Parthenon. I'm not sure I've ever seen a deck play 4 or more master cards in a single turn....

4+ MPAs are typical of "girls" decks. Trifles should have a phase pre- masters, and at most one additional MPA should be allowed. I agree with this 100%. Even mmpa decks aren't useless with it, and he game rebalances.
The point of angering an already fragile and finicky player base is not without merit. We had a shorter banned list in 2010. Now several interesting cards are illegal. No tears will be shed for togp. Anthelios is strong, and remedied by proposed rules erratta. Seeds is not something I'd agree needed banned, but plainly people care about these cards. When they ban eyes of the dead, you probably won't hear anything about it.
I want the game in print. Period. We can erratta everything we need then, game gets new players, someone makes money, good deal.
I don't need an explanation for togp. I would like to know why NOW for anthelios, and why ever for seeds.

Back on topic, most art great, this in REAL physical cards would be amazing.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds